Interesting Sailboats - Page 634 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6331 of 6763 Old 03-01-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Re: The futur Azuree 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndersB View Post
You have no information when Azzuree will release the new 40 footer?

Regards
Anders
No and I was quite surprised since the 40ft is a recent boat. Probably this is not an outside information. I just liked the lady that was showing me the Azuree 46, she was speaking English, asked my nationality and in return I guessed rightly she was Turkish so after some more compliments regarding both countries and people we keep talking about the shipyard and when I said that the 46 was a great boat much better than the 40 she said that soon the 40 would be replaced by another 40 designed by the same designer of the big boat (Humphreys).

I manifested some surprise because what would be normal would be a MKII on the same hull and asked about that but she said no, that it would be a completely different boat. I guess that if they are not making a MKII the new boat should not took long. As you probably know they have been making new boat after new boat and a 40ft boat is a main piece on a boat series. I don't think they are selling the 40, at least in any meaningful numbers. I would say that the logic should point for a boat ready for the next Paris or Dusseldorf boat shows.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-01-2014 at 11:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PCP For This Useful Post:
JAndersB (03-01-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6332 of 6763 Old 03-01-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Surfing waves

I posted this one another thread. Well, if you cannot surf waves with your boat maybe with this one?

This is interesting even if this model has more righting moment than the big one (huge draft) it gives an idea of the boat behavior. It would be very interesting if the boat was a scale mode: Kind of a natural "tank" for testing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6333 of 6763 Old 03-01-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Viko 30s

Not long ago I posted about the Viko 30s a boat designed by Sergio Lupoli and made in Poland:

I had the opportunity to see the boat in Dusseldorf...and it looks good. The finish is nothing special but I would say average but the design is great and the price is incredible. Lots of small boats made in Poland but generally with not with interesting designs. If I was starting sailing or if I had not much money but wanted a modern coastal cruiser....well, I would look to this one seriously: A lot of boat for the money and some sailing fun too.

The wheel really looks odd on this boat but there is a version with tiller that makes more sense.

http://www.navikom.pl/index_en.php?i...ikos30#vikos30

Last edited by PCP; 03-01-2014 at 07:21 PM.
post #6334 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014

Re: Interesting Sailboats

Well, YACHT magazine called the VIKO the worst boat they've ever tested...
post #6335 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Viko 30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Well, YACHT magazine called the VIKO the worst boat they've ever tested...
That's interesting but vague. Can you give more details about that? Why do have they said that: Regarding sailing?, regarding build quality? That's kind of odd because the designer is a well known one and this design is very similar with another one that is a popular fast and good sailboat. Are you sure you are talking about the Viko 30s?

I cannot find any test on the boat by Yacht.de:

http://www.yacht.de/service/download...tberichte.html

Only this first impression Yacht.de is very positive not negative:

"At the stand of the Polish shipyard, a surprise awaits visitors: beautiful lines instead of the current maximum space efficiency. You have to look twice to realize that it really is a new Viko, because the sailboats of the Polish shipyard have been noticed by compromise sailing regarding interior space.They normally have a big freeboard: The Vikos belong to the type of boats that are currently being built in the small cruiser segment and the best. The Poles have their market share in Germany by offering boats not compromised by a reasonable price.

The Viko 30S is significantly less voloninous than the previous models, is designed with harmonious deck lines and it looks absolutely chic.

Regarding the price, the Poles want to score: 29.900 euros for a 31-foot sailboat, is very good. That would be actually sensational. So what's going on? Germany importer André explains the design change of paradigm: "The shipyard plans to establish a second line, so the change on style. The 30S is a design by the Italian Sergio Lupoli, who also works for Comar Yachts."

Strictly speaking, the Viko 30S is the same design as the Comet 31s, but it has been modified in many details of Viko: "The shipyard has invested heavily in the future and a 35s, 40s and even 50s will follow." The previous old type of small voluminous boats will continue to be produced in parallel as a second line."

http://www.yacht.de/yachten_jollen/n...0s/a84335.html

Again, are not you talking about one of those previous fat models? Are you talking about the Viko 30s? Can you point me to that test? I would like to read it since it seems odd to me that they had said that regarding a boat that has obviously a good design.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-02-2014 at 09:51 AM.
post #6336 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Italia 15.98

Some more images of this new modern classic beauty by Italia Yachts:

post #6337 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014
grumpy old man

Re: Interesting Sailboats

"That's interesting but vague."
You are funny Paulo. How can calling a boat "the worst boat they have ever tested" be vague? It seem extremely definitive to me, anything but "vague".

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
post #6338 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Viko 30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
"That's interesting but vague."
You are funny Paulo. How can calling a boat "the worst boat they have ever tested" be vague? It seem extremely definitive to me, anything but "vague".
You are very funny. Of course you are absolutely sure that comment was said referring the Viko 30s and not about one of the previous fat models

Want a bet that Robelz read that referring to a test to one of the older boats of the other line? The ones that Yacht de refers as:"been noticed by compromise sailing regarding interior space", opposed to this one that they consider with " beautiful lines instead of the current maximum space efficiency", probably the Viko 25 that has they had refereed is quite the opposite of this boat.

I hoped more from you. It is obvious that this is a very well designed boat and you should know that it has to sail well, independently of the build quality that looked quite normal to me in Dusseldorf.

I guess your hate for the success of this thread makes you blind. See if you can better your contribution posting some cutting edge contemporary interesting sailboats instead of trying to contradict everything I say.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-02-2014 at 10:04 AM.
post #6339 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014

Viko S22

Yacht was not impressed.
"Not much more than pretty pretend"
Viko S22: Nicht viel mehr als schöner Schein - Yachten + Jollen*|*YACHT.DE
"Sobering results"
Kleinkreuzertest: Viko S22: ernüchternde Ergebnisse - Service*|*YACHT.DE
Not only a poor performer, but also plenty to complain about in what regards finish quality and technical solutions. The cabin also flooded during a heeling test.
post #6340 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Marc-Oliver von Ahlen and evolution in contemporary hull design.

Under the perspective of overall efficiency regarding a modern hull and its continuous evolution towards a better performance and again about Marc-Oliver von Ahlen designs, it is very interesting to compare that beautiful classic coastal cruiser recent design that I have posted recently, this one:

With an older one by the same NA and look at the differences in what regards that evolution in what regards hull efficiency:

Both have already modern efficient keels and rudders and being classic boats the hull has to be compromised in what regards pure efficiency since the aesthetic factor is a major one here but as we can see, without compromising the looks the hull of the last design (first picture) is a more efficient one, more in line with what that hull would have been if the aesthetic factor was not a major one.

We can see also that the overall looks were not compromised:

That's what makes a great design

In what regards hulls not compromised by that type of factors and that therefore are designed mostly with performance in mind we can look at two designs from the same NA separated by some years and with about the same program (performance cruisers) and look at the hull evolution towards an overall better sailing performance.

Look at the differences:

And that is on line with the last year's evolution as it can be seen on the work of all top Nas: Both boats have modern rudders and keels but we can see that the bulb on the last boat is a more elongated one and that the last boat has a two rudders set-up with two wheels (only one on the previous boat).

We can also see that the 60ft is proportionally slightly beamier and most of all has the beam pulled aft. That difference in beam is relevant since the last one is a bigger boat and bigger boats are normally proportionally less beamier than smaller ones.

Aesthetically the boat also features the modern tendency for very low cabins (as we could saw here on many boats, including the Wally, or the new big Hanse) being the illumination (lot's of it) made through port hulls or Zenithal.

All these designs are not very separated in time, a decade at most and we can see clearly the design evolution. Decidedly a very interesting Na, Marc-Oliver von Ahlen and one that follows closely contemporary design evolution that it is faster now than never before.

Last edited by PCP; 03-02-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.