Interesting Sailboats - Page 636 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6351 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014
grumpy old man

Re: Interesting Sailboats

"This is boring. This is all about interpretation and about English and logic."
In some parts of the world that is called "communication".
mitiempo likes this.

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6352 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014

Send a message via AIM to dmchose Send a message via Skype™ to dmchose

People people people.. topic is " interesting sailboats" . I appreciate the designs of Mr. Perry and the likes of anyone who not only puts something that worx on paper but also car see it do what was imagined, run with grace. Kinda like Walter Schulz.
post #6353 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014
grumpy old man

Chosey:
Thanks for that. But which Walter Schulz?
I fear I will shortly be banned. Someone has been complaining. I have been given a stern warning. I will ignore it. But for those few of you who have put up with me I appreciate your support.
SecondWindNC likes this.

Bob's Blog ....

post #6354 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

The first real boat test with the Dufour 310

And surprisingly the ones I saw first are Italian ones but not surprisingly the one from Giornalle de la Vela is much better than the previous one.

The boat was sailed with a bit more wind, 10 to 13K on some occasions but mostly with weaker winds. With 10/13K the boat works perfectly on the configuration of main and small self taking jib offering a very good sail performance.

On this configuration, predictably, with very weak winds, the boat will need a code 0 to sail at a good speed (as has confirmed by the other test). On this one the boat confirms the very good impression I had regarding this hull that is just sweet.

The test results are very good. I will only translate what they say regarding sail performance. For the rest you can buy the magazine

Avventura, grandi velisti, test e grandi eventi: VELA di marzo! | Sail magazine - sailing news - regattas - Cruise

"The wind left to be desired but at noon a breeze appeared, between 10 and 13 knots in the channel between Portovenere and Palmaria . We begin to tack upwind to measure the speed : 6.5 average and when the gusts puffed the boat accelerated rapidly touching 7 knots remaining easy on the rudder , without risking broaching and maintaining the course without the need for corrections on the ruder that does its duty even though it is not particularly deep.

The boat heels slightly over its chine and even in what regards changing direction the boat has a good performance , the hull comes out of the tack and accelerates quickly to a good pace .

On a beam reach we got 7 knots. We did not have aboard the asymmetrical : nevertheless even without one downwind the boat maintains a good pace : 6.5 knots. "

Last edited by PCP; 03-02-2014 at 09:56 PM.
post #6355 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014
grumpy old man

Chosey:
Got it.
I was walking the dogs in the rain and thinking and it came to me,,,,,,, PEANUTS!
I'll take that as a nice compliment.

Being brought up in Australia I was taught to find some humor in everything.

Bob's Blog ....

post #6356 of 6763 Old 03-02-2014

Paolo, are you intentionally being a confrontational ass or is your message simply lost in translation?
mitiempo, bobperry and oldfurr like this.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere:

post #6357 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014

Paulo,
Ignore them. As you can see there is a group deliberately set out to f..k with the thread and you. Or they clearly miss out on communication.

Anders
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAndersB For This Useful Post:
EricKLYC (03-03-2014), opc11 (03-11-2014), PCP (03-03-2014)
post #6358 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Jpk 10.10

While we wait for the first JPK 10.80 movie, a nice one with a new JPK 10.10 sailed by a couple. First sail is always a great moment in any new boat and this one was just a nice sail for the first day out:

Last edited by PCP; 03-03-2014 at 06:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PCP For This Useful Post:
Laurent (03-03-2014)
post #6359 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Paolo, are you intentionally being a confrontational ass or is your message simply lost in translation?
If this is about Bob complaining that I had complained regarding his attitude on this thread you should know that all that I asked was for him to be civil, stop calling names and insulting people, stop the paternalistic approach, stop with wise cracks stop to post meaningless posts and posts out of subject.

You should also know that this was the first time I complained about something or somebody ever and that some months back Bob (on another thread) complained harshly about me regarding a technical discussion with him about the use computational fluid dynamics (CFD) by top Nas to improve the performance of their boats. Even if I was always civil on that discussion and even if the moderation agreed that I was only engaging on a constructive debate I was asked by them, at Bob's request, to stop debating with him. They said to me that if Bob started to debate my points a similar message and request would be sent to him. That discussion with Bob was about a relevant matters regarding sailboat design, not trash talk, rude, irrelevant posts or wise cracks.

I believe you have no reason to call me a "confrontational ass", or maybe the message is more clear now

Regards

Paulo
opc11 likes this.

Last edited by PCP; 03-03-2014 at 06:45 AM.
post #6360 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014

Re: Viko 30s, the first of a new series, a change in paradigm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post

The freeboard of the 22 is just huge as it is commented on the Yacht de article about the Viko 30s.

Regards

Paulo
Here you go again, with unsubstantiated claims.
Nowhere in this article is there a comment about the freeboard of the 22, or any other comparison drawn between the S30 and the S22!! Please point it out, if I missed it!
Maybe we should all just adopt the following rules:
1) Paulo is always right.
2) Should the occasion arise, where Paulo is actually wrong, then rule 1 will immediately go into effect.
mitiempo and bobperry like this.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.