Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1262Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2014

JAndersB is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Paulo,
Ignore them. As you can see there is a group deliberately set out to f..k with the thread and you. Or they clearly miss out on communication.

Anders
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAndersB For This Useful Post:
EricKLYC (03-03-2014), opc11 (03-11-2014), PCP (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Jpk 10.10

While we wait for the first JPK 10.80 movie, a nice one with a new JPK 10.10 sailed by a couple. First sail is always a great moment in any new boat and this one was just a nice sail for the first day out:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-03-2014 at 06:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PCP For This Useful Post:
Laurent (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Paolo, are you intentionally being a confrontational ass or is your message simply lost in translation?
If this is about Bob complaining that I had complained regarding his attitude on this thread you should know that all that I asked was for him to be civil, stop calling names and insulting people, stop the paternalistic approach, stop with wise cracks stop to post meaningless posts and posts out of subject.

You should also know that this was the first time I complained about something or somebody ever and that some months back Bob (on another thread) complained harshly about me regarding a technical discussion with him about the use computational fluid dynamics (CFD) by top Nas to improve the performance of their boats. Even if I was always civil on that discussion and even if the moderation agreed that I was only engaging on a constructive debate I was asked by them, at Bob's request, to stop debating with him. They said to me that if Bob started to debate my points a similar message and request would be sent to him. That discussion with Bob was about a relevant matters regarding sailboat design, not trash talk, rude, irrelevant posts or wise cracks.

I believe you have no reason to call me a "confrontational ass", or maybe the message is more clear now

Regards

Paulo
opc11 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-03-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-03-2014

bjung is on a distinguished road
Re: Viko 30s, the first of a new series, a change in paradigm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post

The freeboard of the 22 is just huge as it is commented on the Yacht de article about the Viko 30s.

Regards

Paulo
Here you go again, with unsubstantiated claims.
Nowhere in this article is there a comment about the freeboard of the 22, or any other comparison drawn between the S30 and the S22!! Please point it out, if I missed it!
Maybe we should all just adopt the following rules:
1) Paulo is always right.
2) Should the occasion arise, where Paulo is actually wrong, then rule 1 will immediately go into effect.
mitiempo and bobperry like this.
Old 03-03-2014

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
Here you go again, with unsubstantiated claims.
Nowhere in this article is there a comment about the freeboard of the 22, or any other comparison drawn between the S30 and the S22!! Please point it out, if I missed it!
Maybe we should all just adopt the following rules:
1) Paulo is always right.
2) Should the occasion arise, where Paulo is actually wrong, then rule 1 will immediately go into effect.
The article says: "You have to look twice to realize that it really is a new Viko , because the boats of the Polish shipyard have been noticed especially by compromise space efficiency. That is an enormous amount of freeboard."

The Viko 22 is one of those earlier "boats of the Polish shipyard" characterized by "... an enormous amount of freeboard."

By contrast, the Viko 30s "...is significantly flatter than the previous models , is packed with harmonious deck lines and affects absolutely chic."

To those not caught up in a pissing contest, the comparison between the Viko 22 and the Viko 30s couldn't be clearer, in the original article. The contrast also includes the Viko 20, itself one of those earlier "boats of the Polish shipyard."

I, too, thought Robelz original comment was regarding the Viko 30s, not the Viko 22 (as I missed the reference in the subject line), and understood why Paulo asked for clarification. Robelz provided it; issue settled. Nothing else to see here. Move on.

I've got no dog in this fight but, frankly, I'm tired of Bob and his coterie contributing little of substance or value to this thread. I'm glad Bob claims to derive some satisfaction from frequenting it, but, his self-avowed "curmudgeon-ness" is really getting old and I, for one, would appreciate it if he would find some way to take the high road and rein in his snarky attitude.

Can we get back to interesting boats please?
JAndersB and opc11 like this.
EricKLYC (03-03-2014), JAndersB (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road

Und dann das: Die Viko 30S ist deutlich flacher als die bisherigen Modelle, glänzt mit harmonischen Deckslinien und wirkt geradezu schick.
(Yacht.de)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
Can we get back to interesting boats please?
Please?
Old 03-03-2014

S22/ s30

Maybe Sergio Lupoli should decide this one:
http://sergiolupoli.com/progetto.php?id_progetto=A22
He clearly states in the second paragraph, that the S22 is the first of a new line continuing with the S30.
The S22 is not an earlier boat. It has first been tested 2 mo. ago.
Clear enough now??
For some reason, the above link does not work. Just go to homepage and click on the S22.
http://www.sergiolupoli.com/index.php

Last edited by bjung; 03-03-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2014

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Re: S22/ s30

PLEASE ?
Old 03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
PLEASE ?
Sorry, forgot, rule 2....
bobperry likes this.

Last edited by bjung; 03-03-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-03-2014

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
Sorry, forgot, rule 2....
Aren't you the clever one.

I declined to invest the 2 euros to download the Yacht.de test review of the Viko S22, which is presumably where Robelz found the critique of the boat originally referenced. However, the photos accompanying that review show a boat with very high freeboard (both under sail and in plan profile) - indeed, there's another photo of the boat completely laid over on its side, presumably without much effort required.

The Viko S22 was first launched in November, 2012. So, it would appear, that in the course of about a year Viko provided a new design brief to Sergio Lupoli that enabled him to design the Viko 30S with less freeboard and an overall more elegant design. Why is any of this controversial?

Not having the Yacht.de S22 review that Robelz presumably referenced, is it not possible that the Yacht.de reviewers hated the S22 but really like the S30? That's what I'm getting from all this. So then why is Paulo wrong in claiming that the earlier Viko boats - i.e., the S20 and S22 - were notable for their extremely high freeboard in comparison with the S30, all of which can be extrapolated from the available information.