Interesting Sailboats - Page 638 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6371 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014
Senior Moment Member

Re: Interesting Sailboats

The only thing that keeps Paulo - The Font of All Knowledge - off my ignore list is the gorgeous pics of the Med he posts.

Someone posted a while back that they were grateful he had never been their teacher and I couldn't agree more.

From what I have read, the only thing he really understands about yacht design is "If it's newer, it must be better".

And now he's complaining about posts by those more knowledgeable because they're "too snarky"?

It's a good thing he stays off Anarchy - I guess his feeling are just TOO delicate for a place that brutally frank - I doubt he'd last more than a few days.
mitiempo likes this.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6372 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
The only thing that keeps Paulo - The Font of All Knowledge - off my ignore list is the gorgeous pics of the Med he posts.

Someone posted a while back that they were grateful he had never been their teacher and I couldn't agree more.

From what I have read, the only thing he really understands about yacht design is "If it's newer, it must be better".

And now he's complaining about posts by those more knowledgeable because they're "too snarky"?

It's a good thing he stays off Anarchy - I guess his feeling are just TOO delicate for a place that brutally frank - I doubt he'd last more than a few days.
If one wants incivility, then one can hang out at Sailing Anarchy (as I do, under the same nom-de-Web) and put up with the comments/rants of that site's resident wags / know-it-alls.

Until recently, I've enjoyed this thread for the relative absence of such behavior. Perhaps the current trend towards snarky-ness can be nipped in the bud if the thread is re-named from "Interesting Sailboats" to "Interesting Trends in the Development of Contemporary Performance Sailboat Design". Of course, the orientation of the forum in that direction is explicitly laid out in the very first post, and the meaning further elaborated on in numerous places.

I understand that you're just venting here - or playing second tiny violin to Bob's first tiny violin - but I've seen no evidence whatsoever, anywhere in this 600+ page thread, that your own mastery of yacht design qualifies your assertion regarding Paulo's alleged lack of knowledge of the same. Of course, nothing could be easier and safer than aligning yourself, in this pointless exchange, behind an established NA of Bob's stature, over against an enthusiast of yacht design who spends many hours bringing to our attention the latest developments and trends in the field. Would that Bob took time out from his snarky-ness to contribute as much, which he rarely does, even when asked politely (as I did during the great "chine" controversy - to no effect).

So, as requested previously, can we please get back to interesting boats and start conducting ourselves in a civil manner? Is that too much to ask?

Thanks very much, in advance, for your understanding and consideration.

MrP
JAndersB, bobperry, opc11 and 1 others like this.

We deal in lead, friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPelicano For This Useful Post:
EricKLYC (03-03-2014)
post #6373 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014

Re: Jpk 10.10

Hi all ! I'm a long time reader of this forum but this is my first post.

I posted the video on Youtube and I'm happy to see that you enjoyed it ! Just one point, I'm not "a couple" on the boat since I was with my 2 daughters - I was behind the camera ! ;-)

Conditions were great and this is the proof that even if the JPK is obviously a racer (and I will race with her) she is also a great boat to cruise and have fun ...
chall03, bljones, EricKLYC and 3 others like this.
post #6374 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
So, as requested previously, can we please get back to interesting boats and start conducting ourselves in a civil manner? Is that too much to ask?

MrP
PLEASE?
post #6375 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Why do you think i haven't posted in this thread in years?

such an ass

being an ass.
Impressive vocabulary. Anyone waiting for more?
Otherwise please keep on not posting.

This is meant to be an interesting thread. About sailboats.

I'm sure there must be a thread about a**** somewhere.
bobperry likes this.
post #6376 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post

I'm sure there must be a thread about a**** somewhere.
Apparently, you've found it. Thanks for your contribution.
bobperry likes this.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6377 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014
grumpy old man

Boy, snarkyness is very well distributed here. Brings to mind the word hypocryt.
Rather, hypocriters. Smarmonizers!

I leave for three hours.
I come back and Paulo's troops are still whinging about having their feelings hurt.
" We can be snarky but you can't be snarky."
Not one single post about a boat. Not ONE!
Come on guys, grow a pair.
HTFU.

Let's stop this now and get back to boat talk. No snivelling rules just good honest boat talk.

I'm ready for some boat talk. I look forward to Paulo's next post and I'll do my very best to keep my comments civil and HONEST.

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 03-03-2014 at 05:45 PM.
post #6378 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
I understand that you're just venting here - or playing second tiny violin to Bob's first tiny violin - but I've seen no evidence whatsoever, anywhere in this 600+ page thread, that your own mastery of yacht design qualifies your assertion regarding Paulo's alleged lack of knowledge of the same. Of course, nothing could be easier and safer than aligning yourself, in this pointless exchange, behind an established NA of Bob's stature, over against an enthusiast of yacht design who spends many hours bringing to our attention the latest developments and trends in the field. Would that Bob took time out from his snarky-ness to contribute as much, which he rarely does, even when asked politely (as I did during the great "chine" controversy - to no effect).

Quote:

MrP
Breathtaking, simply breathtaking.
bobperry and MrPelicano like this.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
post #6379 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014
grumpy old man

A gentle hush falls over the land.
About time.
Time for reflection.
I'm reflecting on dinner. I am making my son Spike's very favorite dish. Probably pretty pedestrian for you Euro gastronomes. But Chicken braised in a white sauce was Spike's favoite dinner and I can do it well. Tonight I spring it on my intern.
MrPelicano likes this.

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
post #6380 of 6763 Old 03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
A gentle hush falls over the land.
About time.
Time for reflection.
I'm reflecting on dinner. I am making my son Spike's very favorite dish. Probably pretty pedestrian for you Euro gastronomes. But Chicken braised in a white sauce was Spike's favoite dinner and I can do it well. Tonight I spring it on my intern.
Out here in elitist New England, I served up a bowl of white bean cassoulet with tempeh and shallot confit for dinner, which I made in the slow cooker Sunday. While the tempeh looks rather disgusting uncooked, once it's been in the slow cooker for 4 hours, with white wine, brown sugar, cider vinegar and sautÚed shallots, it tastes delicious and provides a nice protein substitute for the usual meats that go into a real cassoulet.

Hmmm... well, I guess cassoulet is French, but they'd never accept a vegetarian substitute. Guess you can rack that up to my Northern California heritage. Now for a glass of Godello, from Gališia.

We deal in lead, friend.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.