Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2014

JAndersB is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

I subscribe to yacht. I also understand german. I downloaded the test of the s22. It starts by saying that the yard asked the designer for a 22 and 30 that should deliver performance (sportlichkeit) AND space with good looks. They then go on by saying that first sketches of the s22 showed a nice boat with an advanced rigg but that they where rather dissspointed with the rig when they (finally) got a boat to test. They then conclude that it is good that the rig was rather moderate because the boat lacked stability and sailed very bad. They concluded that this together with the enourmous freeboards makes the boat drift away very fast. And then go on complaining a lot and ends with concluding that only big interior space remained from the good intention.

Anders
EricKLYC, a.giorgos and MrPelicano like this.

Last edited by JAndersB; 03-03-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to JAndersB For This Useful Post:
MrPelicano (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
If this is about Bob complaining that I had complained regarding his attitude on this thread you should know that all that I asked was for him to be civil, stop calling names and insulting people, stop the paternalistic approach, stop with wise cracks stop to post meaningless posts and posts out of subject.

Regards

Paulo
No Paulo, it is about you being incapable of disagreeing with anyone, and everyone, without being inflammatory as well, to an absurd degree.

Why do you think i haven't posted in this thread in years?

FFS, you complained about "likes." Seriously?

That was what finally got to me- when you are acting like such an ass, that you complain about how often someone likes something, it is time for someone to point out you're acting like an ass.

Quit being an ass.
chall03, bobperry and SloopJonB like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bljones; 03-03-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2014

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
No Paulo, it is about you being incapable of disagreeing with anyone, and everyone, without being inflammatory as well, to an absurd degree.

FFS, you complained about "likes." Seriously?

That was what finally got to me- when you are acting like such an ass, that you complain about how often someone likes something, it is time for someone to point out you're acting like an ass.

Quit being an ass.
Wow! Now I know what happens when kids like the ones in my daughter's middle school "grow up"... or don't, as it would appear. The childishness of your behavior is quite tiresome, particularly for allegedly "grown" men.

Funny how Paulo only seems to rub a small handful of people the wrong way. Maybe you guys should look in the mirror or something.
EricKLYC, bobperry, opc11 and 2 others like this.
Old 03-03-2014

robelz is on a distinguished road

Sorry for confusing you all. Of course the S22 was the boat that YACHT hated...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robelz For This Useful Post:
EricKLYC (03-03-2014), MrPelicano (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

The only thing that keeps Paulo - The Font of All Knowledge - off my ignore list is the gorgeous pics of the Med he posts.

Someone posted a while back that they were grateful he had never been their teacher and I couldn't agree more.

From what I have read, the only thing he really understands about yacht design is "If it's newer, it must be better".

And now he's complaining about posts by those more knowledgeable because they're "too snarky"?

It's a good thing he stays off Anarchy - I guess his feeling are just TOO delicate for a place that brutally frank - I doubt he'd last more than a few days.
mitiempo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 03-03-2014

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
The only thing that keeps Paulo - The Font of All Knowledge - off my ignore list is the gorgeous pics of the Med he posts.

Someone posted a while back that they were grateful he had never been their teacher and I couldn't agree more.

From what I have read, the only thing he really understands about yacht design is "If it's newer, it must be better".

And now he's complaining about posts by those more knowledgeable because they're "too snarky"?

It's a good thing he stays off Anarchy - I guess his feeling are just TOO delicate for a place that brutally frank - I doubt he'd last more than a few days.
If one wants incivility, then one can hang out at Sailing Anarchy (as I do, under the same nom-de-Web) and put up with the comments/rants of that site's resident wags / know-it-alls.

Until recently, I've enjoyed this thread for the relative absence of such behavior. Perhaps the current trend towards snarky-ness can be nipped in the bud if the thread is re-named from "Interesting Sailboats" to "Interesting Trends in the Development of Contemporary Performance Sailboat Design". Of course, the orientation of the forum in that direction is explicitly laid out in the very first post, and the meaning further elaborated on in numerous places.

I understand that you're just venting here - or playing second tiny violin to Bob's first tiny violin - but I've seen no evidence whatsoever, anywhere in this 600+ page thread, that your own mastery of yacht design qualifies your assertion regarding Paulo's alleged lack of knowledge of the same. Of course, nothing could be easier and safer than aligning yourself, in this pointless exchange, behind an established NA of Bob's stature, over against an enthusiast of yacht design who spends many hours bringing to our attention the latest developments and trends in the field. Would that Bob took time out from his snarky-ness to contribute as much, which he rarely does, even when asked politely (as I did during the great "chine" controversy - to no effect).

So, as requested previously, can we please get back to interesting boats and start conducting ourselves in a civil manner? Is that too much to ask?

Thanks very much, in advance, for your understanding and consideration.

MrP
JAndersB, bobperry, opc11 and 1 others like this.
EricKLYC (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014

Laurent is on a distinguished road
Re: Jpk 10.10

Hi all ! I'm a long time reader of this forum but this is my first post.

I posted the video on Youtube and I'm happy to see that you enjoyed it ! Just one point, I'm not "a couple" on the boat since I was with my 2 daughters - I was behind the camera ! ;-)

Conditions were great and this is the proof that even if the JPK is obviously a racer (and I will race with her) she is also a great boat to cruise and have fun ...
chall03, bljones, EricKLYC and 3 others like this.
Old 03-03-2014

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
So, as requested previously, can we please get back to interesting boats and start conducting ourselves in a civil manner? Is that too much to ask?

Thanks very much, in advance, for your understanding and consideration.

MrP
PLEASE?
Old 03-03-2014

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post

such an ass

being an ass.
Impressive vocabulary. Anyone waiting for more?
Otherwise please keep on not posting.

This is meant to be an interesting thread. About sailboats.

I'm sure there must be a thread about a**** somewhere.
bobperry likes this.
Old 03-03-2014

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post

I'm sure there must be a thread about a**** somewhere.
Apparently, you've found it. Thanks for your contribution.
bobperry likes this.