Interesting Sailboats - Page 644 - SailNet Community

   Search Sailnet:

 forums  store  


Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here






Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 


Like Tree1265Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #6431  
Old 03-07-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
causeway is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Can someone post up the URL of Paulo's blog?

I'm sure there will be a lot of interest.

I do hope this thread doesn't die, I've been reading it for so long and have learned so much.

It's the best boat porn I've got.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6432  
Old 03-07-2014
Faster's Avatar
Just another Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Westminster, BC
Posts: 14,606
Thanks: 67
Thanked 179 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeway View Post
Can someone post up the URL of Paulo's blog?

I'm sure there will be a lot of interest.

I do hope this thread doesn't die, I've been reading it for so long and have learned so much.

It's the best boat porn I've got.
It's at the bottom of post #6410, pg 641

Interesting Sailboats
__________________
Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Faster For This Useful Post:
DiasDePlaya (03-07-2014)
  #6433  
Old 03-07-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
causeway is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Apologies!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6434  
Old 03-07-2014
Faster's Avatar
Just another Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Westminster, BC
Posts: 14,606
Thanks: 67
Thanked 179 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeway View Post
Apologies!
No worries!
__________________
Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6435  
Old 03-08-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 681
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2
robelz is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Built in Poland, NA is Etienne Bertrand, will be a lot cheaper than the Pogo 3... Sexy as hell!

Galeria ?eglarska - Portal ?eglarski - Sailportal.pl ?eglarstwo ?agle Sail Sailing Sailnews Yachting Sprzedam jacht KWR ?wiadectwa NHC ORC Magazyn ?eglarski Szczecin regaty portal?eglarski Klub ?eglarzy Samotników ?winouj?cie Zapraszamy

(They will also make a cruising version of this Mini650...)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6436  
Old 03-08-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 681
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2
robelz is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Far East 33: Marktoffensive aus Fernost - Yachten + Jollen*|*YACHT.DE

33' performance cruiser by Far East..
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6437  
Old 03-08-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
olavtaraldsen is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Thanks!

Odd that they mention nothing about the boat not having a traveler and how it sails without it. Maybe on the magazine they say something about that.

I am curious because Oluf is a great sailor and I it is hard for me to believe he would make a boat that could not be trimmed correctly. He had already used a boat with this type of main sail set up years ago on the 43DS.

Regards

Paulo
The standard boat is delivered without traveler on all Luffe models. However, most buyers choose a removable traveler on the cockpit floor. The traveller is only 60 cm long (delimited by the narrow space) and enable you to trim the mainsail.

I have sailed the boat (#1) and it performes very well. Top speed 9.65 knots on flat water in a short windgust estimated 20-21 true wind.

Olav

Last edited by olavtaraldsen; 03-08-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6438  
Old 03-10-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 681
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2
robelz is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Hmmm... This times the SF3600 had serious problems with the genoa halyard but managed to finish first overall. The A35 was 2 times 2nd and won the last 3 of 6 attempts.

JPK 10.80 disappoints with only one win and 3 times on place 4...

3čme Challenge de Printemps 2014 : inscrits et classements
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6439  
Old 03-10-2014
MrPelicano's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Connecticut, USA
Posts: 719
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 3
MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Hmmm... This times the SF3600 had serious problems with the genoa halyard but managed to finish first overall. The A35 was 2 times 2nd and won the last 3 of 6 attempts.

JPK 10.80 disappoints with only one win and 3 times on place 4...

3čme Challenge de Printemps 2014 : inscrits et classements
When I read the JPK blog account of the regatta, they made it pretty clear that the boat was fast and very competitive. What let them down were:

1. Jib block failure.
2. Jib clutch failure.
3. Borrowed 2011 mainsail from an M34.
4. No rig tuning / optimization.

When everything was working, they were up at the front, and sailing even with a J122 and A40 (IRC 1). Presumably when they get their new Ullman mainsail, fix the jib halyard issues, and tune the rig, the boat is going to be winning regattas.

As Paulo noted on his blog, the JPK 1080 is not really designed as a windward-leeward regatta boat, but as an offshore distance racer, with minimal crew. Of course, the same is true of the SF3600 and the A35. These three are all TransQuadra-type boats. What's really surprising is how poorly the MAT 1010 performed. Mark Mills totally understands IRC and that boat should have been in its element at this regatta.

All the same, the A35's made a good showing in IRC 2, as they should. They are a quick, well-sorted boat, and anyone who has been racing one for even a short time should have it dialed in.
__________________
We deal in lead, friend.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6440  
Old 03-10-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 681
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2
robelz is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
When I read the JPK blog account of the regatta, they made it pretty clear that the boat was fast and very competitive. What let them down were:

1. Jib block failure.
2. Jib clutch failure.
3. Borrowed 2011 mainsail from an M34.
4. No rig tuning / optimization.

When everything was working, they were up at the front, and sailing even with a J122 and A40 (IRC 1). Presumably when they get their new Ullman mainsail, fix the jib halyard issues, and tune the rig, the boat is going to be winning regattas.

As Paulo noted on his blog, the JPK 1080 is not really designed as a windward-leeward regatta boat, but as an offshore distance racer, with minimal crew. Of course, the same is true of the SF3600 and the A35. These three are all TransQuadra-type boats. What's really surprising is how poorly the MAT 1010 performed. Mark Mills totally understands IRC and that boat should have been in its element at this regatta.

All the same, the A35's made a good showing in IRC 2, as they should. They are a quick, well-sorted boat, and anyone who has been racing one for even a short time should have it dialed in.
If I am right the JPK blog dealt with an older race...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 22 (0 members and 22 guests)
 
Thread Tools

 
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cruising sailboats for sale welch Cruising & Liveaboard Forum 10 04-25-2012 05:20 PM
THE Yacht Builder List T37Chef Boat Review and Purchase Forum 26 07-08-2011 05:51 AM
Noob wonderings and questions about sailing, life at sail and sailboats Vans General Discussion (sailing related) 49 06-20-2011 12:18 AM
A List of ALL sailboats made with layouts? Myblueheaven Boat Review and Purchase Forum 8 10-08-2010 11:32 AM
Failure to Navigate - interesting post on Panbo Blog & from the NewsReader Mass Bay Sailors 0 12-11-2006 06:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Add to My Yahoo!         
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012

The SailNet.com store is owned and operated by a company independent of the SailNet.com forum. You are now leaving the SailNet forum. Click OK to continue or Cancel to return to the SailNet forum.