Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2014

jtsailjt is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

I happened across this boat when I recently visited the yard in Delaware where my boat is stored this winter. I kept walking by it and it definitely caught my eye even though my taste doesn't usually run to anything quite this modern looking, so I asked the marina owner about it. He said it was a custom build, designed with a kevlar sandwich hull designed to not be holed even if sailed into a reef at 6 knots. Who knows if it can actually do that but apparently it's a very ruggedly built hull and I found the listing on yachtworld to look at the pictures. I just bought a Tayana 47 and am happy with that so am not in the market for a boat, but if I was looking for a 50'-55' boat for long distance cruising, I'd want to take a really good look at this one. It's different, but I think interesting.

I tried to post a link but don't have enough posts to be allowed to do that yet so if you go on Yachtworld and look up an Atlantis 56' sloop in Delaware I'm sure you'll find it OK. What are your impressions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

Jt:
That's a nice looking boat. But there are lots of nice looking boats. You own one that was designed by a good designer ( ahem). I hope you are enjoying your boat. Don't let fashion and fads distract you. The sea doesn't recognize fashion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Old 04-01-2014

jtsailjt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Jt:
That's a nice looking boat. But there are lots of nice looking boats. You own one that was designed by a good designer ( ahem). I hope you are enjoying your boat. Don't let fashion and fads distract you. The sea doesn't recognize fashion.
Absolutely great designer! As you know, I loved my Nordic 44 when I had that and am looking forward to getting our Tayana back in the water about 6 weeks from now once my wife finishes school. It's been a long winter.

This Atlantis boat isn't quite my thing but I just thought it was very interesting and looked like a good value for someone searching for that sort of boat. I'd never ever hard of gimballed helmsmans seats before but they might be pretty nice!

Last edited by jtsailjt; 04-01-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2014

robelz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
Sunfast 3600 took the overall win, and looked pretty consistent - 1st and 2nd places, with the throwout being a 3rd in the final race. That 11th place and the three 4ths didn't help the A35's cause. However, it does say a lot about the people sailing the A35 that they're getting it dialed in pretty quickly. More quickly, it would appear, than JPK. And the MAT 1010 is truly a disappointment, particularly as this is exactly the kind of racing that boat was designed to excel in. Wonder what's going on with them.
I am confused. When I looked it up, there was a whole other ranking. The same Archie still has on its site with a dominant win for the A35: CHAMPIONNAT DE PRINTEMPS LA TRINITE SUR MER ( suite)
Old 04-02-2014

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
I am confused. When I looked it up, there was a whole other ranking. The same Archie still has on its site with a dominant win for the A35: CHAMPIONNAT DE PRINTEMPS LA TRINITE SUR MER ( suite)
Puzzling. I don't understand the discrepancy. If you go to the following page, and select IRC-2 from Résultats généraux, you get a different scoring, with the SF3600 taking the overall:

4ème Challenge de Printemps 2014 : inscrits et classements

On the above page, the A35 scoring is as follows:

4-(11)-4-4-1-1-1-2-1-1 = 19 pts

For the SF3600, the scoring is:

2-2-1-1-2-2-2-1-2-(3) = 15 pts

But the scoring on the A35 blog page is clearly different. Only the TSM race committee can explain why they are different.

Regardless, the A35 is clearly a fast boat and the JPK is still getting up to speed. No idea who is sailing the MAT 1010, so I won't comment on whether the boat is capable of winning with its rating, which I recall someone saying is rather harsh.
Old 04-03-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough

Take in consideration that the name is the same (4ème Challenge de Printemps) but there are 4 racing weekends (I think they are 4) so the results from each weekend are different.

Old 04-03-2014

donjuanluis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to donjuanluis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
I happened across this boat when I recently visited the yard in Delaware where my boat is stored this winter. I kept walking by it and it definitely caught my eye even though my taste doesn't usually run to anything quite this modern looking, so I asked the marina owner about it. He said it was a custom build, designed with a kevlar sandwich hull designed to not be holed even if sailed into a reef at 6 knots. Who knows if it can actually do that but apparently it's a very ruggedly built hull and I found the listing on yachtworld to look at the pictures. I just bought a Tayana 47 and am happy with that so am not in the market for a boat, but if I was looking for a 50'-55' boat for long distance cruising, I'd want to take a really good look at this one. It's different, but I think interesting.

I tried to post a link but don't have enough posts to be allowed to do that yet so if you go on Yachtworld and look up an Atlantis 56' sloop in Delaware I'm sure you'll find it OK. What are your impressions?
If found that boat interesting indeed.
2002 Atlantis Sloop Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Old 04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Take in consideration that the name is the same (4ème Challenge de Printemps) but there are 4 racing weekends (I think they are 4) so the results from each weekend are different.
Sure? I think it is just one weekend with 10 races.
Old 04-04-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Sure? I think it is just one weekend with 10 races.
There are several "Challenge de Printemps" only the number changes (2th, 3th, 4th), one in each weekend.

Old 04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
There are several "Challenge de Printemps" only the number changes (2th, 3th, 4th), one in each weekend.

Of course, but both refer to the 4eme..

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.