Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1262Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Evosion 35 race

Guys, do you remember the Vivace 34 that beautiful fast Danish cruiser racer that many liked a lot? As you know they have changed the name for Evosion 34. Well, now they have a 35. Big deal, a 35 after a 34, probably a remake?

Nah! This one has nothing to do with the previous one, at least in spirit. They probably used the same hull, but that's it.

The Vivace 34 weights 4.8T the 35 weights 2.8T with almost half the weight deep down on a bulb. The 35 carries about the same sail has the 34 (and weights almost half): 69m2 upwind, 159m2 downwind.

I am quite sure the Vivace 34 is a fast boat but the 35 should be a rocket
I bet it is going to be pure sailing pleasure .

They say about the boat and its concept - World class performance cruiser / racer:

Sailing experiences; Build to sail; VO70 / TP52 / Class40 inspired modern fast chines based hull design; Light construction; Basic interior; Large cockpit; Space inside; 7 beds; E-Twist – V4.

For: Weekendcruising, Racing, Distance sailing/Racing, Crew racing and shorthanded sailing/racing. Easy to maintain.

Low weight is faster, low weight is less. Less is faster. Less gives more space. Space to the crew, family, friends. Space to go fast sailing and distance racing with the crew and shorthanded. Therefor EV-35R is designed only with basic interior, without interior that makes the boat heavier and slower. Without heavy interior to destroy the true sailing experience. What more could you want?

EV-35R is designet as a very fast weekendcruiser / racer. Designed light – 2800 kg. A chines based modern VO70 / TP52 / Class40 inspired fast hull, with as little resistance as possible. Both the hull and the rigging with the E-twist. Made to sail as fast as possible, even upwind. Open, light interior and lot of space. 7 beds, lockers, toilet, galley and technique / chart table. Beds are designed, also to sleep to the windward side when sailing. The cockpit is made flexible, seats can be turned into a giant sunbed at 2.05 x 1.8 m. Perfect for day cruising, and summer days. Cockpitttet has 12 seats, enough space for party and crew racing. A boat designed to be sailed and used. Space for the entire crew, both in the cockpit and the cabin.

http://www.evosion.dk/wp-content/upl...-sailplan1.png

EVOSION » EVOSION 35 – Race

And one of the best things about this boat: PRICE

Introduction price: 64.990 € + VAT.

I really don't know how it is possible to make a high-tech 35ft for 65 000 €, but it seems a lot of boat and a lot of pleasure for the money

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2011

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Not as bad as you paint it. Fact is that this boat offers 3 cabins with good privacy, a good sea galley (they have not photos but it is described as so on the test from Solo Vela), a chart table were it should be, at the center of the boat, with the engine below the seat on a central position and a spacious saloon.

I would have preferred an open space (saloon/Galley) but I could live better with this solution than with a solution without doors, like on the Pogo. Sure, if that boat is to be used for a couple it would be alright, but for two couples, or for one with grown up kids? And that would be my case.

Yes, BB74 is right. This is a race boat, but also one that has everything needed to cruise (with privacy) and a reduced draft. Contrary to the Pogo 12.50 the Este 40 is a boat that can race on the 40class without being ridiculous (was won already some races). It's a true dual purpose Ocean fast boat.

Call me crazy but if they offer me the two boats to chose I would have taken the Este 40. I wouldn't resist to race the boat occasionally and cruise it most of the time and with a boat like that...I guess that I would cruise to far away places

Of course, all good things come with a price and the one for this baby is substantially bigger that the one for the Pogo.

Regards

Paulo
[I]"De gustibus non est disputandum."[I] This interior is very atypical and since my wife is quite happy with the already very minimalistic but otherwise classical one of the 12.50, I don't think I should push my luck and try something like the Este 40. As the French say: "Ce que femme veut, Dieu veut!"
And I also think it would be only a small job to fit two more doors in the 12.50 .

But if you also would like to race even occasionally within the Class 40 fleet (handicap racing is probably no option with any of these boats), the Este is certainly first choice. In this respect, it is rather something in between the Pogo's 12.50 and 40S2 (ultra light weight, torpedo keel, water ballasts, "casquette" with dedicated watch positions in the cockpit) and this probably also explains the higher price.

Best regards,

Eric
Old 02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post
Dear Eric,
I would be interested to know how are the payment conditions for such a deal.
How much pre-payment is requested if the lead time is so long and when has the full sum to be paid?
Best Regards,
Ulf
It' quite straightforward, Ulf.
The next available hull number is reserved after a pre-payment of around 4%, which is almost fully refundable until six months before they start building the boat. Then follow fractional payments, with the last 30% due on delivery.

To be honest, I must somewhat clarify the delivery in april 2012. We could already have the boat around november this year. I certainly don't mind a winter sailing trip, but we prefer not to spend two weeks test-cruising in Brittany and then sail the boat back to Belgium in december. After all, we're cruisers...

Best regards,

Eric
Old 02-24-2011

Quote:
The Vivace 34 weights 4.8T the 35 weights 2.8T with almost half the weight deep down on a bulb. The 35 carries about the same sail has the 34 (and weights almost half): 69m2 upwind, 159m2 downwind.

I am quite sure the Vivace 34 is a fast boat but the 35 should be a rocket
I bet it is going to be pure sailing pleasure .

And one of the best things about this boat: PRICE

Introduction price: 64.990 € + VAT.

I really don't know how it is possible to make a high-tech 35ft for 65 000 €, but it seems a lot of boat and a lot of pleasure for the money

Regards

Paulo
The Vivace 35 just looks fantastic, also inside! But mind the doors, Paulo .
And the price is indeed incredible. Even with an long option list, it should be able to compete with any other 35 footer and I don't know any with this speed potential.
Do they also come in 40 feet with a retractable keel ?

Best regards,

Eric
Old 02-24-2011

Pogo 12.50 / Este 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
... "Ce que femme veut, Dieu veut!"
that's hard to beat that, I mean, God's will

Quote:
But if you also would like to race even occasionally within the Class 40 fleet (handicap racing is probably no option with any of these boats), the Este is certainly first choice. In this respect, it is rather something in between the Pogo's 12.50 and 40S2 (ultra light weight, torpedo keel, water ballasts, "casquette" with dedicated watch positions in the cockpit) and this probably also explains the higher price.

Best regards,

Eric
Not in between the 12.50 and the 40S2 (the racing Pogo class 40). This boat has the same weight, the same water ballast and can carry as much sail as the 40S2. It would be like a 40S2 with a cruising interior and with a bulbed keel that can be raised from 3.00m to 1.5m.

The boat is really a racing boat with a reasonable cruising interior and the amazing thing is that even with that cruising interior and with the hydraulics to lift the keel, it has the same weight as the racing Pogo.

I agree with you that it would not be hard to put some doors on the Pogo and I am surprised your wife has not demanded that . I also agree, that the Pogo interior is more agreeable but as you have said, the Este has the need to raise the keel (that is more performance oriented than the one on the 12.50) and that has probably conditioned all the interior layout.

I even like more the outside looks of the Pogo, but the Este 40 is another animal: A truly racing machine with a reasonable cruising interior, a boat that you can race and cruise, it is hard to beat at least for the ones that would like to race (even if occasionally) and cruise.

The boat has been raced with success:

The boat won the 2009 Round Sardinia race

Rolex Middle Sea Race

On the Cetacei Regatta (160nm) finished second overall (First in class), only narrowly beaten by a Cookson 50 and leaving behind a Pogo 40 and a lot of bigger boats.

Un nuevo éxito de Balance-AN El Este Class 40 gana la clase y logra un segundo absoluto / Barcos a Vela / Náutica / Portada - masmar

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2011

bb74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It' quite straightforward, Ulf.
The next available hull number is reserved after a pre-payment of around 4%, which is almost fully refundable until six months before they start building the boat. Then follow fractional payments, with the last 30% due on delivery.

To be honest, I must somewhat clarify the delivery in april 2012. We could already have the boat around november this year. I certainly don't mind a winter sailing trip, but we prefer not to spend two weeks test-cruising in Brittany and then sail the boat back to Belgium in december. After all, we're cruisers...

Best regards,

Eric
Structures is pretty open (in my discussions with them), on finding that slot for the delivery date. On the 10.50, when I last spoke with them, there were a few slots that could have been available before the full 2 1/2 year wait list as some (a few) buyers wouldn't mind postponing delivery due to various reasons. I'm not sure if this is still the case because it's been a few months since I've spoke with them but I would imagine there are slots in well under 2 years.
Old 02-25-2011

panthene is on a distinguished road
Azuree 33

Quote:
Hi there, welcome to the thread
Thank you very much for your feedback and analysis. I am indeed thinking of the fast cruiser version. If I buy it, I will share pictures and experience.

Best regards and many thanks,

Last edited by Faster; 02-25-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-25-2011

Azuree 33 movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthene View Post
Thank you very much for your feedback and analysis. I am indeed thinking of the fast cruiser version. If I buy it, I will share pictures and experience.

Best regards and many thanks,
We will be waiting . The Azuree 33 seems to be a great boat with a fantastic interior at a good price. I would love to hear your comments on the boat, after all you have probably been inside one.

That interior is just as good as it looks on the photos?

Do you have already sailed one? What are your impressions?

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2011
Top Sekret Ninja Sailor

slap is on a distinguished road
Melrna has posted a review of the Jeanneau 409 in the "2011 Miami Boatshow" thread. A must read for anyone interested in one.

2011 Miami Boat Show
Old 02-25-2011

panthene is on a distinguished road
Azuree 33

Hi, As I do not have anything other than a layman's point of view, I am rather reluctant to comment, but here's my point of view...

I have sailed the cruiser version, but as there was very light wind, it really did not give me a view of what's possible. The boat moved well though, with even a very light wind and was responsive. The helm is really precise, but this is the only 2 rudder boat that I have tried..

The interior is really nice and looks better in real life. I preferred it to the Elan 350, which is the other one I was considering. Good design throughout -- lots of thought has gone into the usability and the look. Compared to other boats within the same price range, the interior quality is really impressive.

I like the fact that it was designed for shorthanded sailing -- gives you freedom while cruising. Again, from a cruising standpoint, the table that comes out of the cockpit is a nice touch.

Best regards,

Quote:
We will be waiting . The Azuree 33 seems to be a great boat with a fantastic interior at a good price. I would love to hear your comments on the boat, after all you have probably been inside one.

That interior is just as good as it looks on the photos?

Do you have already sailed one? What are your impressions?

YouTube - Azuree 33 - La prova in mare di SoloVela

YouTube - Prova Azuree 33

Regards

Paulo