Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Paulo,

Do you have any more info, ie a link to the 409 being setup?
Old 04-02-2011

Paulo,

I would agree, it started with smaller builders, now a BIG builder or two is finally doing the, design a fast boat for the masses. I'm recalling seeing that an E350 maybe showing up here in the Puget Sound/Salish Sea area of the US/Canada where I am. J111 shows up in June, first new boat J dealer has sold in 3-4 yrs IIRC. Maybe the depression/recession is ending to a degree here locally. Altho the Jeanneau Dealer has been selling boats. 8 or so ea of the 36i/39i. Also surprising how many of the 45-50' DS models too.

Anyway, off to motor the boat south for a race, starting to get light here at 6;45 am or there abouts.

marty
Old 04-03-2011

daviid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is your time table regarding buying the boat and living part of the year on Croatia?
Hi Paolo

We are planning to travel to Croatia this year to charter for 2 weeks on 2 different yachts.(any advice on reputable charter companies in Croatia outside of Sunsail and Moorings would be welcome ) I would really like to try the Hanse 375 and the Hanse 400. Next year we will do the same on another 2 yachts on our shortlist and then we will make a decision. I am not looking to buy new but rather to buy a yacht that is 3 to 5 years old, in great condition, hopefully with all the bells and whistles and look to score around 30% off the new price. That way, we should have relatively low maintenance and we can then learn all the DIY that is needed as we go along.

Between now and then, there is a lot for me to do including deciding where to winter the yacht - I haven't given up on Croatia on account of pricing just yet, but will also include Turkey in my search - 6 months on the hard and 6 months in the water seems like the way to go.

Also, my partner and I are relatively new to yachting and so we need to keep going to school and to keep racing on Wednesday evenings as crew members.

All the best

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2011

daviid is on a distinguished road
Hi Marty and Paolo

Thanks for the info on the new Jeanneau.

The Jeanneau 36i Perforamnce model is a yacht which I have a considered for a long time. I love the design and I think the interior is stunning. What is swayed me to look elsewhere though is the boats displacement. It is a lot lighter than some of its competitors which negativel impacts on it's stiffness (the ballast ratio B/D on the performance model is 27.1% and that is it's light displacement ratio. I understand that there are other factors like form stability, shape and design of hull and keel etc etc but still ...

By the way, the SA/D ratio for the performance model versus the standard model is quite different (as in 10%). The difference in mast height - 16.75 versus 16.35 - and the feathering prop obviously do make a difference. SA/D - standard - 20.5; SA/D - performance - 22

All the best

David
Old 04-03-2011

David,

Paulo had a thread on here a while ago, and it was in some magazines about Jan to march this year, on an SO37 that lost its keel during a charter, and it took two other charter's to realize the keel was off the boat. So yes, that does show that hull form can help stability. BUT, with that, I do also see how the B/D being higher helps too. Altho a less B/D with a large chunk of lead way down can be better than a chuck of lead up higher creating a higher B/D ratio, but the righting moment is not as high. With that in mind, try to find that ratio, ie righting moment along with the B/D of the boat. I would prefer a light B/D with a higher righting moment.

oops, on edit, it was back in November for the thread, so it happened last summer.....
Sailing on without noticing they had lost the keel!!!

You are correct, SAD is about 10% more, but 22-1 around my part of the world would be good, but 24 to 26-1 in days like yesterday for me, where the wind is less than 8 knots all day, can make a BIG difference in if you stay moving.

Marty

Last edited by blt2ski; 04-03-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2011

mitiempo will become famous soon enough mitiempo will become famous soon enough
Marty

Says something about the experience level of charterers as well I think.
Old 04-03-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
J111 movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
I would agree, it started with smaller builders, now a BIG builder or two is finally doing the, design a fast boat for the masses. I'm recalling seeing that an E350 maybe showing up here in the Puget Sound/Salish Sea area of the US/Canada where I am. J111 shows up in June, first new boat J dealer has sold in 3-4 yrs IIRC. Maybe the depression/recession is ending to a degree here locally. ...
No, that's because the J111 is a hell of a boat

The boat is making a great sensation on Europe where it arrived some months back. Sailing magazines are testing it and loving it

It's a beautiful boat it is a pity that the interior, that is nice clean and light, is a bit sketchy for more than cruising a week end. I know, this one is a racer, but even racers cruise with the family.

Yachtingworld had tested the boat and said very nice things about it (I hope they don't mind that I post their conclusions here):

Now, that really makes me wonder: "Compared with the J105 is like stepping into a Sports boat" How!!!!

Take a look at these videos (what a boat )

Sail-World.com : The latest J Boat, reviewed

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2011

Paulo,

It does look like a hell of a boat, I liked the 97 a bit better, but probably because of size restraints I want, or some such thing like a nicer interior.....BUT, if a 111 showed up in my slip, or an older 109........I'd still have a on my face! IIRC the 111 is supposed to replace the 105 in that side of the line vs the 97/109 genre, being more cruisy and a nicer interior.

Marty
Old 04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviid View Post
Hi Paolo

We are planning to travel to Croatia this year to charter for 2 weeks on 2 different yachts.(any advice on reputable charter companies in Croatia outside of Sunsail and Moorings would be welcome ) I would really like to try the Hanse 375 and the Hanse 400. Next year we will do the same on another 2 yachts on our shortlist and then we will make a decision. I....
Also, my partner and I are relatively new to yachting and so we need to keep going to school and to keep racing on Wednesday evenings as crew members.

David,
regarding the choice of carters in Croatia take a look here:

Croatia Charter Companies

Last year I have sailed there this beauty for 2 weeks:

If you are not very experienced I would recommend you to sail a 34/36ft sailboat.

You have among the ones that are fast and fun the Elan 350, the Salona 34 and the Dufour 34 performance. The obvious charter for this kind of boats are the Croatian importers, for the Dufour and the Elan and the shipyard for the Salona. If you want to try a Hanse, try on the Hanse Croatian importer, but I would say that it is time to book otherwise you are not going to have a good boat for the summer. This kind of boats are not the typical charter boat. There are not many and they are booked early.

I would say that the ideal would be to charter a Hanse 355 and any of the above. You will find out that they are completely different boats and will very quickly know what type you would prefer. When you know about the type than you can narrow your search on the models you prefer.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-03-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2011

Allures 45 movie

Some months ago I have posted the preliminary pictures of the Allures 45. Now the boat is on the water and it looks great. Lets take another look:

The Allures 45 has the same program as the Boreal 43 posted some days back and the same as the OVNI range. They are long range aluminum cruisers with a lifting board.

The OVNI is the less expensive but also the less performant (and I am not saying the OVNIS are bad, they are good sailing boats) but the allures has profiled rudders and centerboard and has a deck in composite to lower the gravity center. They have a better stability curve and with a 3m draft (1.05) they can go upwind with ease and they are faster.

The Allures 45 had the heavy responsibility to replace the original Allures, the 44 and it seems to me that it has done that well and that was not easy cause the 44 was a great boat

So if you are thinking on a circumnavigation and want a solid boat that can go everywhere and is not slow, take a look at this one. You could chose a lot worse

Take a look how they sail. Impressive for that kind of boat I would say:

Take also a good look at the interior, one that permits a good interface with the exterior in what regards views:

Nos voiliers

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Nos voiliers

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.