Interesting Sailboats - Page 88 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #871 of 6763 Old 04-16-2011

Paulo,
Very close to a deal on the RM 1060. Going to La Rochelle 29/4. No possibility to access the videos without a subscription?
Regards, Anders

Last edited by JAndersB; 04-16-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 6763 Old 04-16-2011
Splashed

X-Yachts - Xp44 Launched

Photo gallery

A FAST boat (but out of my league )

Watch great footage about the story of one man’s slow odyssey around the UK:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #873 of 6763 Old 04-16-2011

Yes, very nice indeed, even more modern that I thought they would be. Nice hull windows too.
Regards,
Anders
post #874 of 6763 Old 04-16-2011 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JomsViking View Post
Photo gallery

A FAST boat (but out of my league )
Thanks. I have being looking at the X yacht page waiting to see the first photos but it seems I was not the only one

Not out of my league, I would love to sail one, just out of my budget and I believe out of most, but it is a beautiful boat. More nice that on the designs I would say. That big port hull in the salon does not look as bad as I thought it would look...and should provide the salon with a view. Nice compromise.

If what they say about the boat is true, and I have no motive to doubt, it will be an incredible boat, they talk about 10% stiffer and 15% faster than the X43 and the x43 was a very fast and stiff boat!!!! Amazing the improvements in yacht design in only 9 years and the X43 was not any boat, it was a kind of benchmark when it was realesed

"This represents the 4th generation of Performance Cruisers for X-Yachts – and Xp retains much of the DNA of its forebears but has evolved into a fast and progressive cruiser-racer that has as much to offer the modern, comfort-demanding family as it does a race crew....

Compared to the previous X-43, launched in 2002, the Xp 44 is 5% longer on the waterline, 10 % stiffened up to 15 % faster. Weight has moved from the composite weight of the yacht into the deep lead-bulb of the T-Keel.

This is thanks to the fact that X-Yachts has again taken the lead in modern production boatbuilding, utilizing a vacuum infusion epoxy foam hull laminate, with an advanced keel structure that is reinforced with carbon fibre instead of the traditional steel.
“The feeling of helming the Xp 44 is just sensational, the stiff hull means it takes just a touch of bow down on the helm to get her back up to maximum speed, whilst all that stability gives you finger tip control – even reaching along at tight angles under the huge code zero. These are characteristics that will reward the cruiser as much as the racer – but we warned – you may need to plan a new holiday itinerary – because the Xp 44 will be getting you to your usual anchorage fast!”

Press release 15th April 2011 - Launched!

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-16-2011 at 05:57 PM.
post #875 of 6763 Old 04-18-2011

Twin rudders a must, I have been thinking a lot about single or twin keels, but single keel will save weight which seems cruicial for these boats so I guess I will go for single keel.

The only niggle in my mind is how the RM really sails. Looking at the specs it should be a rocket, but I can not find so much feed back from others than the above mentioned test which seems pretty much focused on crusing among the island around La Rochelle. For the Pogo you can find beatuful sequenses at high speed on You Tube, is this possible with the RM or the Opium, which is the closest contender, I keep asking myself. opium is also appr. €50 000 more expensive but has doors and wheels.

Probably I should go for a Pogo 10.50 or 12.50 but 2-3 years waiting is not accetable.
Regards,
Anders

Last edited by JAndersB; 04-18-2011 at 11:00 AM.
post #876 of 6763 Old 04-18-2011

To test sail would of course be the best solution, but then there should be wind the day I visit. Furthermore, if I do not order now, I will not get the boat this summer. If I order now I can get both boats by 15/7. To be frank, I think the Pogo should be a must to reach the sailing experience I want but the only available I can find is a Pogo 40 2008 in Guadeloupe for €230000.

Regards,
Anders
post #877 of 6763 Old 04-20-2011 Thread Starter
PCP

New boat: This one was created for a young couple to circumnavigate. The guy, a young but very experienced sailor wanted something fast and safe and asked a friend NA to adapt one of its designs, the FOX 950, a solo Ocean racer for cruising and a new boat was born, the FOX 10.20.

FoX Technology - Architecture Navale et Ingénierie

The boat, like the RM is made of marine plywood/epoxy and has a well designed lifting keel that does not take much space and has a surprisingly good interior taking into account that they were doing a budget boat. It seems a very interesting boat to me

The boat only weights 3800kg, has a big bulb at 2.4m (lifting to 1.3m) and should be a blast with its big spinnaker up (110m2). Upwind the boat should be fast, with 66m2 of sail and for bad weather it comes already with a small stay sail (17m2).

The only thing I don't like is the name, CAPADO: in Portuguese means a guy or an animal that has its balls removed It should be interesting when they sail in Portugal and Brasil, their radio communications are going to be interesting with such a name call

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-20-2011 at 12:47 PM.
post #878 of 6763 Old 04-21-2011

Paulo, again thanks for directing me to your photos. When I clicked on the link I didn’t realized this boat was at the bottom of the page. Am I assuming that you personally took those photographs? Do you know the owners and can you provide some details? I don’t read French so you have to help me out. Why the retractable keel? What race are they going to do? I am unfamiliar with the European horsepower rating. Can you convert it to HP? I am guessing that it is about 15 HP which was about the size on the ULDB I used to race on.

What I took issue with the artist conception drawing was the tiller geometry which looked like it would knock against the coaming. I see now that they “fixed” that with the canted rudder, chamfering the coaming edge and angling the tillers inward. Have you had a chance to sail this boat yet? On the Aerodyne, the owner opted for a single rudder for maneuverability instead of the doubles. In regards to euro certification, where is the second egress from the aft state room and where is that “safety ladder”? Why did they put Wichard eye-nuts on all the stanchion base nuts? I can’t figure that one out. Oddly enough, I never had any issues with the rig or rigging. It’s way over powered and CE an CG and keel look “aft” on the boat, but I’m not a NA so I don’t have an opinion. The flat bottom and hard chines are reminiscent of the metal hulled boats and is this the flat bottom that “Keel” was referring too? It looks like the boat would do a lot of slamming in our typical conditions off of Northern California. Not my cup of tea in a cruising boat, but I would love to sail it sometime. I may be delivering a friends Leopard back from the Med in ’12 so perhaps we could…
post #879 of 6763 Old 04-21-2011

paulo,

I looked in here for the first time in a few days. the Bieker 35.....do not quote me, but I think I may have mentioned it earlier in this thread. I probably referred to it as a riptide 35, as that is how I know her, with Bieker as the designer. I remember the first time seeing her sailing, she was moving in some less than 5 knot winds, everyone else seemed to be standing still, including us in a C&C 115.

Boat was initially designed for Jon McKee. He now has a 45'ish foot, a bit nicer than the 35. I do not know if it is as fast per say. IE compare the 35 to other 35's, she is on the faster end of things. the 45 has not from what I have seen raced and won a lot of races like the 35. One persons opinion of 2 local boats here in Puget Sound where Pudding and I in habit.

As far as "Capado" I like how it has two interior designs, both have places, I prefer the aft head, 2 fr and rear berth area version, vs the 2 rear berth, front head. I do see the plus/minus of both floorplans. But for a boat of this size, at least the how I would it, I still like the one a number of pages back, need to go look that one up.......

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
post #880 of 6763 Old 04-21-2011

Boy did I have to go back a BUNCH of pages, Evosion 34, or Finn flyer 34 or some such length for the FF!

I noticed Evosion has a 35' boat.
EVOSION » EVOSION 35 – Race

Looks quicker by bunch's over the 34. Specs say the hull is from the VO70 style of boat. Now whether I would want one for SH/DH sailing with spouse in Puget Sound, but the Evosion or FF34 or 35 still seem to hit the spot. Altho the Elan 350 probably for price.....

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.