Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010

starboardyacht is on a distinguished road
Nimble 32 Yawl crossing the big pond??

howdy all,
been looking at Nimble's, kinda cool looking boats but never seen one up close or sailed one. The 32 yawl caught my eye and i wonder if it is blue water capable, its the right size and could go up the french canals with style, what do yall think???
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Not sure.

You might ask the designer (Ted Brewer, I think?) what he thinks about that idea. Maybe we'll hear from some owners, too.

One thing that occurs to me is that even if you decide not to sail it across, it could be shipped over for a modest fee. I do agree that it would make a nice boat for the canals, assuming you plan to do some sailing elsewhere too.

If you only plan to do the canals, you might consider a true canal boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 03-23-2010

starboardyacht is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
Not sure.

You might ask the designer (Ted Brewer, I think?) what he thinks about that idea. Maybe we'll hear from some owners, too.

One thing that occurs to me is that even if you decide not to sail it across, it could be shipped over for a modest fee. I do agree that it would make a nice boat for the canals, assuming you plan to do some sailing elsewhere too.

If you only plan to do the canals, you might consider a true canal boat.

i have looked at alot of boats more capable of making the crossing but not able to go thru the canals and thats a big part of my dream cruise...
Old 03-23-2010
ancient mariner

captbillc is on a distinguished road
i told ted brewer that i told my daughter (62) i would like to cross the atlantic again in 2 1/2 yrs when i am 90. she said she would like to help me. on my own boat this time , a nimble 30 express. ted said the boat can do it, but i would be better off with 3 people. this is a well built vessel & he said it should pop up fairly quickly from a 90 degree knock down.
Old 03-24-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardyacht View Post
i have looked at alot of boats more capable of making the crossing but not able to go thru the canals and thats a big part of my dream cruise...
I can see that.

I'd love to do those canals some day, too. What a wonderful way to visit France!

My sailing mentor took his ocean-going 38-foot sailboat through from the English Channel to the Med, with its 6'6" draft. He spent an entire summer doing it, and had a wonderful trip. So even some of the "boats more capable of making the crossing" might work out too.

That's not to say you couldn't do it in the Nimble. If you haven't spoken with Ted Brewer about it, you can reach him via his website: Ted Brewer Yacht Design

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT