Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010

bellefonte is on a distinguished road
Boat shopping in Corpus Christi

I am so very excited to be boat shopping this weekend in Corpus Christi. My wife and I are taking our son (1.4 y/o) to camp on the beach and I have scheduled a couple hours with a yacht broker there.
I plan to see, touch, feel as many as possible in order to get a "feel" for what I like. I've studied the inspection guides, but this trip is more of a "how does this one feel?" trip rather than a buying venture. Of course, I'm not telling the broker that...
This will also be a big step in seeing how my wife reacts to being on a yacht.

SOOOO excited.

But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you. ... Rachel Dawes
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Good luck hunting...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-23-2010

sailor50 is on a distinguished road
Wow!

You are going to take up a Brokers time with a 1.4 YO on the beach - that equals a 16 MO baby who has no business being in the sun or surf at the beach, let alone trusting you to the safety the sea has to offer. - YIKES!!!
Old 03-23-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
You're making assumptions that are probably false. His wife is along on the trip and would probably have the child under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor50 View Post
Wow!

You are going to take up a Brokers time with a 1.4 YO on the beach - that equals a 16 MO baby who has no business being in the sun or surf at the beach, let alone trusting you to the safety the sea has to offer. - YIKES!!!

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-23-2010

CarelessNavigator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow!

This is a joke right?
Old 03-23-2010

buckeyesailor is on a distinguished road
An Exciting time, no doubt!...........have fun!......That's what Brokers are for....they get paid back when someone actually BUYS a boat but there are a lot of dues to be paid in the mean time.....
Old 03-25-2010

Quote:
Wow!

This must be a joke. I see no logic in either statement that a 15 month old should not be on the beach, or that I should not use a broker to show me boats...that is his job, right?

And yes, of course my wife will be there. Even if not. I carry my son, he jabbers, coos and acts real cute...is there a problem?

But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you. ... Rachel Dawes
Old 03-25-2010

6 months old on the beach...very scary!

What could we have been thinking?

Old 03-25-2010

Allanbc is on a distinguished road
I know of two boats for sale over at Island Moorings in Port Aransas. One is a Catalina 36 and it looks to be in pretty good shape. It is for sale by owner. The other one is a Cherubini Hunter 36. It looks pretty nice. It is listed with a broker. The Hunter is right next to my boat.

Difference between a power boater and a sailor out on the water: A power boater is going some place special, a sailor is already there.

s/v Zotz 1981 Pearson 365 Ketch Hull #375
Old 03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanbc View Post
I know of two boats for sale over at Island Moorings in Port Aransas. One is a Catalina 36 and it looks to be in pretty good shape. It is for sale by owner. The other one is a Cherubini Hunter 36. It looks pretty nice. It is listed with a broker. The Hunter is right next to my boat.
Awesome. Can you get me the phone numbers?