Learning the HARD way...
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston / Ft Myers Area
Thanked 84 Times in 81 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Been there - looked at that
I SAW this boat when it was offered by the owner...
Here are some of the issues that chased me away:
- #1-The owner was not someone that I cared to do business with.
- #2-There was a repair to the starboard bow section that I found, and was not pointed out to me (the repair looked OK though).
- #3-When I went aboard, the batteries were dead, and the bilge was full. Here is a pic taken after I bailed it out with the manual pump; see where the water level was?
- #4-I started the engine, and it ran so rough (without putting it in gear), that I suspect the motor mounts had damage.
- #5-The keel bolts were very corroded.
- #6-The wiring for the battery charger, and bilge pump were HOUSEHOLD ROMEX , also there were a bunch of wire nuts (should never be used on a boat) in the bilge.
- #7-The mast for the radar dome was pulled out of the transom, where it was bolted.
I took a slew of pictures. PM me if you'd like to see more of them.
It seems that the owner used this more as a beach condo than an boat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems