LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2003

welch is on a distinguished road
Golden Hind information?

Has anybody had any experience with Golden Hind vessels? Dave
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2006
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
another 2002 post jones2r! Hope yer having fun!
Old 11-24-2006
Alex, not full of crap

werebeagle will become famous soon enough werebeagle will become famous soon enough
Camaraderie

Do you just get your kicks out of blasting people? I'm new here, but have now seen multiple threads where you ridicule people for responding to an old post. Maybe this isn't the sight for me.

Charlie
Old 11-24-2006

ebs001 is on a distinguished road
Charlie I think Cam is pointing the date out because it has no relevence to today. If one really is interested in the topic they should start a new thread. When someone brings up a topic some posters go to a great deal of trouble answering and answering an old old post falls on deaf ears and so is a waste of their time.
BTW the Golden Hind was Sir Francis Drakes boat; not Sir Walter Raleigh's
Old 11-24-2006
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Charlie...jones has dredged up about a dozen posts from years ago. It is a pain to review these...think about an appropriate response and even write it only to notice that the original questioner is long gone. I am not trying to BLAST anyone...but after multiple times I can either ignore it...warn others or try to correct it. I just posted another note nicely worded to Jones on how to avoid dredging up old threads on a different topic that he had resurrected. You are new here so I hope you read some of my other posts and realize that I only get pissed off once in a while and mostly try to be helpful. Welcome aboard.
Old 11-24-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I'd have to agree with Cam... someone dredging posts that have been inactive for over two years, and in most cases not contributing materially to them is most annoying. It shows a level of ignorance and inconsideration that shouldn't be tolerated.

As for posting a new thread... if you're in a sub-category, click on "Forum Tools" and it should have "Start a new thread" or something similar as a choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-25-2006
moderate?

Bob...you sound like a reasonable guy and ignorance IS an excuse. We've all replied to old posts inadvertently & now you know how to mostly avoid it. So...no more SCUD's!
Charlston is a great area for boating...we spent a month there at Patriot's Point which I highly recommend if you are gonna be looking for a marina in the area.
Old 11-25-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
No worries... just glad that you've stopped resurrecting threads from the dead. While looking up old threads is an excellent resource for answering many common questions, resurrecting them is not useful.

While I'm not in Charleston, if I'm ever down that way, we should have coffee.

I hope my instructions on how to create a new thread made sense. There is probably a decent FAQ around here someplace, but I've never looked for it.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 11-25-2006
Telstar 28

Hope this helps

Jones-

Here's a screenshot of what I was talking about. Once you are in a subject area, like "General Discussion" as shown in the screenshot, you can create a new thread by clicking on the "Forum Tools" box, as shown.

I think this should make it clearer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new_post.jpg (96.1 KB, 40 views)

Telstar 28
New England

Old 11-26-2006
Telstar 28

Bob-

I hope you're using Camino or FireFox... AFAIK it doesn't work very well in Safari. I'm on a Mac as well, using Camino.

Telstar 28
New England