SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   Sagitta 30 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/63735-sagitta-30-a.html)

BFL 04-11-2010 03:47 PM

Sagitta 30

I'm looking for a Sagitta 30 (mid-60's Danish double-ended sloop) as a project boat, but preferably in sailing condition. Is anyone aware of one that might be for sale?

Dave

wwilson 04-11-2010 05:16 PM

Dave,

I can't point you to one, but I had to comment that the Sagitta 30 was my first ride on a keel boat - out of Marina Del Rey, CA... ages ago.

Prior to that, the Penguin class dinghy.

Good luck with your search - pretty boats.

mitiempo 04-11-2010 05:48 PM

Where are you? The only one I've seen listed in North America recently was at Norpac in San Francisco but it's listed as sold. Pretty good looking boat.
Norpac Yacht & Ship Brokerage (Richmond, CA)

BFL 04-11-2010 06:52 PM

I'm about as far from salt water as is possible in Canada - Saskatchewan. Before anyone starts laughing too hard, we do have a pretty active sailing community here out of Lake Diefenbaker.
I had seen the listing at Norpac while the boat was still for sale, but I dawdled too long.

Dave

surfer1 05-19-2010 10:14 PM

sagitta 30

I just purchased the sagitta 30 listed by nor-pac yacht brokers in Richmond
CA.
Not a well known boat here in the U.S., built like a commercial tug and sails like a dream, fast in light air, high aspect ratio mast.
Just put her on the hard in Napa. She doesn't need a lot of work, but, I am planning on sailing her around a bit, so, I am adding some equipment.
Way under-valued for what this boat will do and quality of construction.
good luck in your search.
surfer1

YARDPRO 11-09-2010 03:46 PM

i know this is an old post, but i have a sagitta 30 hull number 26...that i would sell.

it is in pretty good condition.. one small soft spot on the port deck forward of the cabin..
i have the original sail, and all woodwork is original.

sails are in OK shape, and the 2qm15 yanmar is in ok condition. During the summer it fires right up, but struggles when it gets cold as there is no glow plug.

we just replaced the original stern tube with a new fiberglass tube. it has new stuffing box and cutless bearing as well. just rebuilt the motor mount beds and installed new motor mounts.

we also just painted the bottom.

the boat sails wonderful and really handles high wind and rough weather VERY well...

we are selling because we want something that is not a double ender with more cabin space... also the boat rocks side to side really bad at anchor... since we take weekend trips a lot, it makes it really hard to sleep. but once we get moving, man is it sweet.

surfer1 11-09-2010 05:25 PM

where are you located? I am prepping my sagitta for a trip across the Atlantic and then to Germany/Denmark; the boat has a following there and it business/adventure proposition
surfer1
email espydave@yahoo.com

surfer1 11-09-2010 05:31 PM

Oh yea, my other boat was an endeavour 32; which was nice and sailed to windward well good interior; however not even close to the sagitta as a pocket cruiser in blustery conditions

YARDPRO 11-10-2010 12:22 PM

so you really like the sagitta better?

we were thinking about selling our boat to upgrade to something newer, like a pearson, morgan, etc..

to get roller furling, self tailing winches, new sails, etc... would be about 10K..
we thought about putting that money into another boat instead f this one.

the biggest problem i have is that the boat rocks so bad at anchor...

BFL 11-24-2010 03:30 PM

I haven't been checking posts for the last while - sailing season has been over for weeks (its -20C today). I might be interested in the spring. Where are you located?