SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Finding a boat

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  paulk 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a boat for under $15,000. 25-32 ft for sailing in Manhattan area. What are the best websites for finding a boat other than Yachtworld, Sailboatlistings, Craigslist, GoodOldboat?
Thanks

#4 ·
eBay and walking the docks/yards are also good ways to go.

#7 ·
I second this! I was hung up on craigslist for a while. When I started checking ebay, there were several great deals. There is a seller, boatangelministries which I have found had some really good deals. As far as walking the marinas, that was something I wish I would have done even before buying my first boat off craigslist. The one I bought a few weeks ago was from marina walking but I had several I was watching on ebay.

#5 ·
There is also sailingtexas.com.
When using craigslist I advise you to search multiple locations. If you are near Manhattan, NY and not the one in Kansas I would search the CT shore all the way to RI, all of LI, northern NJ etc.
I know of an Ericson 30' (mid 80's) that is now in the water up at Nyack, NY that would be within your budget.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.