Join Date: Apr 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Thank you very much for you inputs...I have sent the seller and my broker the following e-mail:
"I have reach the difficult decision to withdrawal my bid for "XXXXX" based on her inability to achive the expected cruising speed under power. I do not feel it is my responsibility as a buyer to pay for engine surveyor and mechanics to travel to fix a problem on a boat which I do not own. I have invested over $1000.00 in the boat for survey expenses, haul out charge, and 3 trips to see her, and think it is best to cut my looses. I do not want to pay another $300-$400 to get someone to look at the engine and transmission when that may or may not be the case. Not to mention what could be $1,000's in repairs.
I love the boat, but the bottom line is there are many more boats that fit my needs just as well, and this was just has to big of a questions mark. I apologize and wish you the best of luck in selling the boat. I know you have others in line behind me. I would be glad to sell my survey to any prospective buyer for 1/2 my cost of survey and haul out($375.00).
If the boat is repaired and the other buyers do not pan out, I would consider putting in a different offer
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a toorsie roll pop? The world may never know!