Your input on my next boat
We have a Tanzer 22 centerboard model that we truly enjoy. Our need for amenities is minimal, and outweighed by our need to have a simple inexpensive easily maintained setup. Our water is in a 5 gallon jug, cook on propane Coleman, and food in a cooler. No need for a head- having two dogs on board means twice a day access to shore. The more regular needs are met by a little yellow bucket.
We both have extensive experience in small tents in adverse conditions, so a boat cabin is pretty luxurious.
We overnight and do multi-day trips more often than we daysail. We frequently sleep on the hook, and having a 2 foot draft with cb up helps deal with our 10 foot tides. We often anchor amongst moored boats.
The ideal next boat should have the following attributes that we have grown to appreciate:
• Affordable. I’d rather sail something I can afford, than work more to pay for something I have no time to sail.
• Large cockpit.
• Sails well. Light wind performance is important.
• Minimal draft- swing keel or centerboard helpful.
• A useable v-berth
• Reasonably trailerable with a standard full size truck.
• Tiller steering
• Outboard power
Things we want:
• More space
• Standing headroom- or close
If I remember, there are a couple one design boats made to be trailered. Maybe there are some other boats that meet these criteria. We are not actively in the market, but I like to keep my eye out.
Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.