Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010

rustyrusty is on a distinguished road
Gemini for sale Denton

There is a 2001 Gem for sale in Denton. I think he uses it in the lake. I have contacted the listing broker and he cant give me any information on the boat other than its a great boat. I have asked for the history and details of the electronics. NO REPLY. He now isnt answering my Emails and his phone goes to message bank and he wont return my calls. Im on the other side of the planett so cant just drive down there and have a look. I will have limited time when im over to look around. Does anyone know a broker or a surveyor or anyone in Denton that can give me information on this boat.
It is on yacht world.
The broker concerned is in Florida. It seems to me they get listings without having to see the boat and as a buyer I stuck between a rock and a hard place. I wonder if the seller knows what he is getting for his $10,000 commision he will pay. I have contacted one person in the look at a boat forum to see if he might know a boat yard there I can contact.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2010
formerly DWJensen

Pau Hana Daz is on a distinguished road
I was interested in this boat too.

I had been in contact with the listing broker before reading about it on here. I asked multiple questions and was advised that the boat sustained a "hard roll" in 2004/2005 and was repaired under insurance and is now in above average condition and has been reported as surveying as "the cleanest in the venue". Sounded like a good deal, so I asked for a spec sheet and more info.

I happened to run across the below thread while waiting to hear back from the broker with answers to my questions:

Gemini 105MC Slow speed under power

After reading the above thread, I emailed the broker again and asked if the "speed issue" had been resolved. I was advised that there really is no speed issue and that any discrepancy was due to additional equipment on board (gen set, stack pak, sunshade, rear bench seat, and the difference in density of fresh water vs. salt. Hmmm, I think there's something else going on. I have scratched that boat off my list...
Old 06-08-2010
formerly DWJensen

Pau Hana Daz is on a distinguished road
Never mind - I see now that you've already found that thread...
Old 06-15-2010

rustyrusty is on a distinguished road
Looking for a good Gem

OK I can take a hint ill keep looking. Where have you been looking and for how long. I wont be able to get over until next month now. I might be game enough to buy a boat unseen if I can find a good salesman. Is there such a thing?? one I can trust that can take some good pictures and a suveyor I can trust. I am a bit reluctant to start making offers until I find out what is a good deal and what isnt are you considering a Mc I can pay up to $125US but want to get what I pay for. Apart from the one in Denton the next best price wise is Pats Cat but I think its a little short on gear and may be a bit rough. I have to consider transport to a ship port cost about 1 to 6 k depending where it is. My problem is I cant spend a lot of time away from home so I have to do my home work before I go. I wonder what you are looking for what does make a good boat or what is good value. The newely apointed agent in Australia hasnt even got a boat to show me he wanted me to buy one so he could sell of it. $300 k thank you very much. Take it or leave it. Well I left it so. Still looking.