Boat recommendations? (C&C 110, Tartan 37, Sabre 36-2) - Page 6 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010

dhays is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenMaturin View Post
Send me a message when you land up here. Is it the Catalina 400 you're waiting on?
Yeah. I go down on the 10th for sea trial and survey. If things are as described, I could have it up here 1 to 2 weeks after that.

Dave
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2010

Hotfoot27 is on a distinguished road
puddinlegs,

In an earlier post in this thread you mention the Davidson 29, and you seem familiar with the boat.

I looked at one that was for sale a couple of years ago. I loved the design but was concerned about the weight of Kokopele since she was listed as 7,200 lbs, but the Davidson drawing showed a design weight of 5,800 lbs if I recall correctly.

I heard a rumour from a local surveyor a few months ago that the molds may still be sitting in Port Townsend somewhere (possibly with an unfinished hull inside). Can you tell me if this is true? It would be nice to build one at, or near, the proper weight. Mind you Kokopele was quite quick as she was as I recall. There was also Midsummer. If that was near the proper weight, that might be interesting, but I have no idea where it is now.

Can you tell me if the rumour is true? If so, could you direct me to who I may contact to get some more info.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2010

jdmexpress34 is on a distinguished road
Express 34

I own an Express 34 which I have cruised and raced PHRF on Long Island Sound for several years. It would be hard to find a better built boat, and it has an open and light interior that is very inviting even after 10 or 12 days of cruising. I have mine up for sale, but it is a long way to deliver it to Puget Sound.
Old 09-22-2010

Bluesmoods is on a distinguished road
The C&C 110: fast, very well engineered, well built, will create a fun safe sailing experience and a comfortable life on board. More expensive than the other vessels you had mentioned, other than the Tartan 3700? Perhaps... in terms of dollars going in now. At the same time, the value of the investment or ROI should be considered as well. The C&C, Tartan and Sabre are all well established high qulity name brand boats.

The construction materials, workmanship and engineering that are all part of the world of C&C make it a unique boat and a pleasure to own. (No, I don't work for them nor am I a broker for them).

If you can make it happen, go for the 110 . It will be one of those purchases in life where you will be just so happy that you did. This is among the few "production" boats that many strive to own and sail.
Old 09-22-2010

puddinlegs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmexpress34 View Post
I own an Express 34 which I have cruised and raced PHRF on Long Island Sound for several years. It would be hard to find a better built boat, and it has an open and light interior that is very inviting even after 10 or 12 days of cruising. I have mine up for sale, but it is a long way to deliver it to Puget Sound.
Agreed with all the above!!! But of course I'm very biased. Is yours the one on yachtworld with the keel bump? PM me, I'm curious about your experience with rig tension, rake, etc... and that keel bump if it's your boat! (We have hull #1)
Old 10-06-2010

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes that is my boat Sabrina on YachtWorld. I bought her from a guy in the industry who had upgraded everything and was sailing out of Newport, RI. He decided to add another 400 lbs to the bottom of the keel to make the boat a little less hot for sailing with his wife and young daughter. Since I cruise a lot with my wife and daughter, I found it worked well for me too, and left it that way, although I took another 3 second penalty on my PHRF rating because of the extra stability it gave the boat.

To tell the truth, I do not have rig tension numbers. The previous guy had marks on the turnbuckles for the general settings and they have worked well enough for us to finish in the money in the local PHRF races. If you have any numbers, I would appreciate you sending them on over.

By the way where are you located??
Old 10-07-2010

puddinlegs is on a distinguished road
Seattle... just checked our current loos numbers early last week. I have them in the boat book. I'll get them tomorrow or the day after and pass them along. So you took a 3 second hit... you're at about 96?
Old 10-14-2010

Look forward to getting your loos numbers. Funny, when I first got my boat, I bought a second-hand headsail from an Express 34 guy in Seattle. I think the name of his boat was Locomotion. Is that the boat you own now???
Old 12-16-2010

jhoagg is on a distinguished road
Parclan,
Hi. I'm in the market for a 32-36 footer and interested in chatting with you about your C&C 110. Could you email me a number I could call you? Thanks. jeff H
Old 12-21-2010

Parclan is on a distinguished road
Jeff-
Just sent you a private message.