Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010

oaklandsailor is on a distinguished road
Royal Huisman 33' sloop, aluminum hull, Alan Gurney design

Such a sloop is for sale nearby and I have an interest but cannot find any information on it at all. It has fin keel, skeg rudder, deep draft. There must have been more than one made but I'm still coming up blank. My only interest in it would be it's suitability for passage making/extended cruising, not bay sailing and coastal work. If you can provide information I would be grateful.

O.S.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-2010

mitiempo will become famous soon enough mitiempo will become famous soon enough
You might find this thread interesting as I think it is the same boat.
Cost for new interior
Old 07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
You might find this thread interesting as I think it is the same boat.
Cost for new interior
Tiempo, I did check out the posts and it sounds exactly like the boat I'm describing, which isn't super encouraging by any means. I'll trying to make contact with the the other fellow who looked, and see what that turns up in that conversation. As always, having Sailnet as a resource is just plain terrific.

OS
Old 07-17-2010

Certainly a well designed and built boat by a top designer and builder. Current condition is another story. If you're looking for a project the interior is not a huge issue but the hull is. The engine looks good from the pictures. I'd budget a fair amount for the work it might need. They have cut the price a lot which could mean they know it needs a lot of work or they are just desperate to sell.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Huisman 33' sloop, aluminum hull, Alan Gurney design-1.jpg   Royal Huisman 33' sloop, aluminum hull, Alan Gurney design-2.jpg  
Old 07-17-2010

"Certainly a well designed and built boat by a top designer and builder. Current condition is another story. If you're looking for a project the interior is not a huge issue but the hull is. The engine looks good from the pictures. I'd budget a fair amount for the work it might need. They have cut the price a lot which could mean they know it needs a lot of work or they are just desperate to sell."

Tiempo:

I did take a good look at the boat and overall not very interested. I don't know alum. boats but what blistering I saw under the paint didn't seem too serious. The boat is under a large cover so checking out the decks wasn't very inviting. The interior condition certainly offered me no invitation, and in spite of the RH name I've decided to continue looking. Thanks 1,000 for your input.

Last edited by oaklandsailor; 07-17-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2010

nemier is on a distinguished road
in spite of the RH name I've decided to continue looking

...fwiw,,,that is a beautiful boat...
Old 07-23-2010

3capesSomeday is on a distinguished road
huisman 33

Hello,
That is my boat, I am selling due to reasons not related to boat.
She is a wonderful boat, needs electronics and other updating but the hull is in great shape well worth refitting. 15 knots will get hull speed of 6 knots or better and she will take you anywhere. Needs a haulout last one in 2007. Built in 1968 hull numer 269. In my opinion no better boat anywhere in her class. I sail her 2 times a month for last 3 years and always enjoy my time.
Contact norpac yachts if you are serious. No plastic boat (or chined metal boat) could compare with this.

Good luck with your search and fair winds at your back.
Old 07-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3capesSomeday View Post
Hello,
She is a wonderful boat, needs electronics and other updating but the hull is in great shape well worth refitting. 15 knots will get hull speed of 6 knots or better and she will take you anywhere. Needs a haulout last one in 2007. Built in 1968 hull numer 269. In my opinion no better boat anywhere in her class. I sail her 2 times a month for last 3 years and always enjoy my time.
Contact norpac yachts if you are serious. No plastic boat (or chined metal boat) could compare with this.

Hi 3scapes:
Great of you to let me know this. I actually saw the boat very briefly with Micah at NorPac a couple of weeks ago but I didn't leave myself enough time to look thoroughly. Perhaps I can arrange to spend more time on it. If I have questions about anything I'll let you know. Question: do you think of this boat as a blue water cruiser?
O.S.
Old 07-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3capesSomeday View Post
Hello,

Hi 3scapes:
Great of you to let me know this. I actually saw the boat very briefly with Micah at NorPac a couple of weeks ago but I didn't leave myself enough time to look thoroughly. Perhaps I can arrange to spend more time on it. If I have questions about anything I'll let you know. Do you think of this boat as a blue water cruiser?
O.S.
Old 07-24-2010

I would say yes to it being a bluewater cruiser, any issues being condition but not design or build quality.