SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Kirby 27 Sailboat by Evasion

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Narnia 
#1 ·
Does anyone know who or what "Evasion" is or was. I am looking at a boat described as a Kirby 27'' design by Evasion. Would appreciate any insight.

#2 ·
mamasis,

I have a Kirby 27 (Kirby 8M for 8 meters, or 27 feet). They were built in Quebec, Canada. This boat was designed by Bruce Kirby. I've had this boat for 5 years now and it is great. It's hull speed is 6.5 knots but I have got it up to 8 knots a few times under sail. It handles very well in my opinion, but it is my first and only sailboat. I have the original pamphlet if you are interested.

Marc

#3 ·
I doubt he much cares, as the post you're replying to is SIX years old. Please check the dates before reviving a dead thread. Welcome to Sailnet. I'd highly recommend you read this POST to help you get the most out of sailnet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.