Join Date: Apr 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I my suggestion would be to NEGOTIATE and negotiate hard. If your budget is 10K and the boat is 9.5K, you’re only leaving yourself with a $500.00 cushion. Personally, I think that’s too little to cover immediate incidental charges. Throw the seller an offer of 7.5K and then slowly work up. Use Sailingdog’s thread on inspection tips and work over every inch of the ship.
There is nothing wrong with driving a hard bargain. I for one don’t respect people the pay MSRP without at least inquiring about getting a discount. Your money and time are very important. Don’t just give both away.
Other than that, I would suggest hauling in out till next season. The storage will be cheaper. The insurance will be cheaper. Plus, regardless of how clean/cared for the boat is, you will need to make repairs and replacements. Just make sure you negotiate a good price with the yard as it’s “between seasons”. Don’t get charged double in slip and winter storage fees.
Best of luck!!! I hope she work out for you. Just remember, as the new owner, you’ll be taking on the joy and costs of ownership. Every penny you save on fees, is a penny you can put to sailing!
PRO Tip: In the sea of life, others may rely of you. If you can't hold the course and you can't stay on point, get off the tiller.
Video's & More
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.