Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
A bit of a PS to my last post .. quite frankly (and I don't care who says it or on what forum) I find the term 'old shoe' offensive. Please remember however that when a certain Portaloo once of this borough first used the remark it most certainly did not include designs like KeelHaulin's simply because they were a few years old and less than cutting edge under water.

Personal abuse comes in many forms but there is little that is worse than insulting someone else's boat. Criticising or debating the pros and cons is one thing, outright abuse is another. Even when said in a jocular fashion there comes a point where the joke wears thin.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 04-13-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Take it to FightClub you wankers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 04-13-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinlegs View Post
Agreed tdw. I'm surprised it' been allowed to go this far. Cruising Anarchy is much more civil.

Puddin,
Surprisingly enough it is, really. I wouldn't say the same about Sailing or General A but Cruising A is top class, a fine bunch of people and I'd gladly call any of them friends. Swearin' n cussin' n drinkin' n fornication ... but in the nicest possible way.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 04-13-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelHaulin View Post
Relentless arguing? How about the other side? It takes TWO (or more) to argue. While I'm getting direct attacks by 3 or more here; and shots from the peanut gallery, you don't think I'm gonna be a bit defensive?

Never said you did. I'm pointing to those who can't stand my retort; and don't understand why I posted it. Whether it's disrespectful to me or my boat does not matter. I did not want to post a response to it. I asked the Mods to pull your post down 9 hours earlier. That did not happen; so...

It's because I am completely sick of hearing about my boat being called everything from a broach coach to a boat that is slow, etc on these forums by people who know little to nothing about THIS PARTICULAR BOAT or boats that are very similar (CCA era boats with IOR rigs). The broach-coach hulls were late IOR era boats. Do I know which ones? No. Am I going to call your boat a broach coach? Not unless I KNOW it is. I've sailed Benetau 32's and Catalna 320's and believe me, if you don't reef it early they will want to round to windward. These boats were developed AFTER the IOR broach-coach era. So what do you -want- to believe about how a boat sails??

Well; to that I'll just say this. Last year Cruising World Magazine thought it was as-good-looking as the boats you refer to here. How do I know this? Because MY BOAT was selected for a calendar photo. It's this one:

Nice bridge. What's it rate?

Old 04-13-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
For the record the Womboat is a 20 year old steel multi chine. We out ugly the lot of you and what's more we are probably slower. Nyah nyah nyah.

Now, came on Andrews I am sure your boat won a race somewhere and if you think its ugly, than you don't deserve it.

Regards

Paulo
Old 04-13-2011

puddinlegs is on a distinguished road
I mean, haven't we all had a mad crush on a lass that wasn't a 'standard beauty' ? I know I certainly have!
Old 04-13-2011
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinlegs View Post
I mean, haven't we all had a mad crush on a lass that wasn't a 'standard beauty' ? I know I certainly have!
Give it up for Betty White! Meow!

You gonna call her an old shoe? Hell no!

Old 04-13-2011
Abysmally Stupid

jorgenl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A bit of a PS to my last post .. quite frankly (and I don't care who says it or on what forum) I find the term 'old shoe' offensive.n.
I guess I could find the term 'clorox bottle' offensive.... But I am not that sensitive and could care less.

As uncle chop chop said.... Grow a moustache...
Old 04-13-2011

GeorgeB is on a distinguished road
Last weekend was J-Fest and the 105’s were racing off StFYC and were not participating in DHF. The J that had the rudder issues was Double Trouble, a J125. Their problem was “losing” an upper rudder bearing. We had the exact same problem on the Nordic 44 during PacCup 08 and that boat’s rudder was skeg hung to boot! The only difference was we were a few hundred miles offshore so we had make a field repair to get us to Hawaii. If this happened to us, on DHF, we would have certainly pulled out and DNF’d ourselves.
Old 04-13-2011

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Now look good people ... really is there any need for all this shouting ?

I'm in a nice mellow mood this glorious autumn morn in Sydney Town. Sun's shining, bird's singing, shapely thighed lovelies jogging in the streets. A few hours of this and I'm off to the boat, won't be back except for a few hours here and there till Tuesday, then with a bit of luck I'm off again till JC has symbolically done his thing and likewise the Anzacs.
Which way you guys heading North/south??? or just pottering around the harbour?

Personally I find this discussion quite educational and a at least one giant step more interesting than 100 pages of folk debating anchor manufacturing.

Like most hotly debated topics, I reckon there be the two extremes here, with the truth probably lying somewhere in the middle