Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
Personally I find this discussion quite educational and a at least one giant step more interesting than 100 pages of folk debating anchor manufacturing.

Like most hotly debated topics, I reckon there be the two extremes here, with the truth probably lying somewhere in the middle
+ freakin' 2!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
I can agree with Chall and smacky on this one, somewhere in the middle of the extremes, the answer lies. That still does not keep me from wanting a fat assed boat like my fat assed dually pickumup! Oh yeah, said pickumup likes to chase rodents too, has not done that in awhile. it might need some practice catching them

marty
Old 04-13-2011
STARBOARD!!

KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough
The last guy to post inflammatory comments is the first to "agree" to TDW's call for closure?? Good form there puddin....

Don't really care who the recent winners were; they earned it. Remember, it's a downwind race; favoring boats that do well off the wind. Never said that the designs such as open class boats were not well suited for downwind racing; that's what they were developed to do.

Yes, I'm proud of my boat and happy with it. I -thought- that's what this forum was about, to celebrate our boats and boating. Why should that torque you off? You have nothing to do with the back-forth that was going on between me and others; yet you had to put up that post calling foul at my -polite- response to another put-down. Thanks. Now back to the Giants game... :
Old 04-13-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelHaulin View Post
\Yes, I'm proud of my boat and happy with it. I -thought- that's what this forum was about...
Hell yeah it is! And it's also to joke with each other a bit. Why, haven't you picked on various issues illustrated within the various photographs of the world renown S/V Smacktanic?

You have to reflect on why the N41 became the representative boat for "blue water sailers" in the first place...just like a VO70 suddenly became to representative cruising choice of the blinded-hype-suckers.

So, I say we all agree that the new Bene First 50 is THE boat for seriously fun cruising in style - and lock the thread. Heh-heh.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 04-13-2011

Now smacky, we all know the BEST boat is this one HERE!

LOLOL
Old 04-13-2011

puddinlegs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelHaulin View Post
The last guy to post inflammatory comments is the first to "agree" to TDW's call for closure?? Good form there puddin....

Well there's your problem. You're not watching hockey!

Just curious, but what was it about the "... I even like boats like yours." that you found so offensive? Seriously, you had/have a nice boat, and not a damn thing wrong with it. I wasn't in the "it's a crappy broach coach" crowd, nor do I think it's any more of a clorox bottle than a Cal 40 (or my own boat for that matter), a classic boat that I love. Your boat's fine, it's your defensiveness about it that seems odd. Our boats don't need any defending. If someone doesn't dig our boats, it's their problem. I could care less. Inflammatory... inflammatory... hmmmm. Ok. Here you go:

Harden up, turn on some hockey, and chill!

Last edited by puddinlegs; 04-13-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2011

puddinlegs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Now smacky, we all know the BEST boat is this one HERE!

LOLOL
Hey, there's some guy out this way who has one of those things...
Old 04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinlegs View Post
Hey, there's some guy out this way who has one of those things...
You think?!?!?!?! OUCH......dang nabbit, need to quit thinking again.....

You doing the SYC islands race series? I would assume on VC? if not, I can get you a ride on a boat like that one I linked!
Old 04-13-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
Which way you guys heading North/south??? or just pottering around the harbour?

Personally I find this discussion quite educational and a at least one giant step more interesting than 100 pages of folk debating anchor manufacturing.

Like most hotly debated topics, I reckon there be the two extremes here, with the truth probably lying somewhere in the middle
Got stuck in the office didn't I ? Shoot !!

Today new dodger and bimini are going on. Won't get to see them now until tomorrow

when we

instal new water trap

then out of the water on Sunday for tub, bottom paint, new anodes and a bloody survey cos she is twenty years old and its five years now since the last one. (Insurer demands it)

splash Monday some time.

All going well, Wednesday shopping, Thursday out the heads turn left when we get to Port Stephens. Depending on weather we may or may not do it in hops and so stop off in Broken Bay and I guess Newcastle.

What are you guys up to over Easter ?

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 04-13-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post

Now, came on Andrews I am sure your boat won a race somewhere and if you think its ugly, than you don't deserve it.

Regards

Paulo
nah, I don't really think she's ugly, just kidding, but I doubt very much she has ever won a race.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.