Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Boat Angel

And you're posting a link to a JANUARY 2009 article that makes no conclusions with no follow-up?

If the IRS hasn't taken action after three years, the odds are there haven't been any issues from their point of view.

Accusing eBay of sanitizing complaints about one particular seller is also a pretty heft allegation. Substantiating the claims with some current information would be a lot more impressive.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2012

Kittypuke is on a distinguished road

I replied to a question, I apologize if a failed to meet your personal expectations. As far as eBay simply watch boat angel recieve negatives, then watch them disappear. That is my proof.

Last edited by Kittypuke; 04-06-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2012

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

"As far as eBay simply watch boat angel recieve negatives, then watch them disappear. That is my proof. "
You may have proved that eBay has a mechanism for revising feedback posts--but your statement reads that eBay was doctoring the ones for BoatAngel, as if they were in collusion with this specific seller.

In fact it isn't hard to find the eBay official advice on this:
"Here's some information that might help

If you’re concerned about Feedback you received or Feedback you left for someone, you have a few options:
•If you’re a seller, you can send the buyer a Feedback revision request. This works well if they left the Feedback by mistake, or if you resolved the issue.
•To share your side of the story, reply to the Feedback.
•To change positive Feedback you left for someone, you can leave a follow-up comment to your original Feedback. However, the positive rating can’t be changed"

In other words, if someone posts negatvie feedback to ANY USER, that user can offer them incentive to revise the feedback and make the negative go away. That's not eBay revising history, that's a buyer and seller making their own deal. Any buyer and seller.

It sounds like all you have proven is that boatangelministries is making an effort to satisfy all customers, and is doing so well at this that they've convinced anyone posting negative feedback to take it away.

Of course, they could also be breaking legs and extorting the feedback corrections. Or having an angel carry out enlightenment.

But all you've found is old allegations and misunderstanding. Anyone who buys from a "ministry" and doesn't take the time to look up all the extensive terms and conditions that group is throwing in...maybe they've never been taught to look before they leap.

I'm not defending the ministry, just saying their policies ARE posted for all to see. What they do with their money, who cares? If they're breaking the law, the IRS will get them.
Old 04-06-2012

Kittypuke is on a distinguished road

So no negative feedbacks since They started selling on eBay from 2003. Jesus must be their CEO. I have personally witnessed ebay customers with flawless extensive record leave negatives and then they disappear. I bought once from them and the boat wasn't even near the description. Left feedback and it was removed. Just because an attorney tells them how to make their listings bullet proof to literally any possible repercussion is no excuse. Yes Virginia, they do screw you on your feedback. eBay does not want to loose a huge money maker.
I simply answered a question on a forum and true to form get attacked with bulls****. I apologize for posting in the tools forum so everyone can go back to eating Doritoes, sucking down 2 liters of Diet Pepsi and look for someone else to f**** with. WTF
Old 04-07-2012
Tacky yet Unrefined

Squidd is on a distinguished road

I don't care where the money goes either...

All I know is I paid several "hundred" for a boat that's going for several "thousand" elsewhere...

And if you read the fine print your right...there is nothing for you to complain about...so no negative fedback is a reasonable expectation...

If you don't like the way the deck is stacked...stay out of the game...
Old 04-07-2012
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road

The idea that an organization could sell several thousand used boats without ANY negative feedback just doesn't smell right to me. As Marcellus might have said, "Something's rotten in eBay."
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Old 10-10-2012

harryparker59 is on a distinguished road

I bought a Call 22 through Boat Angel. The deal was great. Easy to close and no hitches whatsoever Highly recommend. Bear in mind that they don't represent any condition or value. It's up to you to determine condition and value. All the same great folks.
Old 10-10-2012

davidpm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryparker59 View Post
I bought a Call 22 through Boat Angel. The deal was great. Easy to close and no hitches whatsoever Highly recommend. Bear in mind that they don't represent any condition or value. It's up to you to determine condition and value. All the same great folks.
Did you have to pay before you were able to see the boat?
If after you saw the boat did you have the option to get your money back?
Old 09-11-2013

Sailbadthedinner is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Boat Angel

Stay away from these guys. I won a auction in July and until now, Mid-September the Boat Angel still is unable to provide the proper legal documents needed to register the boat. It seems they may have sold me something they really didn't have any business doing so. Thank god, I paid via Paypal and after a lengthy claim I got my money returned. However I still lost transportation costs, preparation costs and most of the 2013 summer.
Old 09-11-2013

SOVT is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that. My experience was good but that was several years ago. Good luck getting things straightened out.
Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.