SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Achilles RIB

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  T37Chef 
#1 ·
I'm considering an Achilles HB-315LX as a tender to my Beneteau 361.

Can anyone comment on their experience with Achilles or ability to stow it on deck for longer passages? With regard to stowage, if I partially deflate it will the width be close to the inside width of the RIB?

The primary use will be as a tow behind tender on the Chesapeake for a family of 5. Plan to do some more Caribbean cruising in the next few years.

--David
West Chester, PA
S/V Spirit

#2 · (Edited)
I cant answer your questions concerning the fit on your Bene 361, however our 280LX when deflated is pretty manageable with the tubes folding pretty well. Keep in mind the transom is fixed, a good thing IMO.

We sail the Chesapeake as well, and purchased our 280LX last year, we're very pleased with it. That said, we probably should have purchased the 315 considering its usually four of us, two adults + two small children. With the 280LX and a 9.8 we just barely get it to plane. With 5 people I would consider the 350LX if I we're you, I think you would be happier if the ability to plane and more stable ride is important to you? Our 280 tows well, but we keep it on the davit most of the time.

FWIW, I had a Avon Inflate Floor previously, the Achilles + the RIB is by far a better boat...hands down, no question. I would never buy another Avon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.