Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011

Rangernewell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rangernewell
help required finding a manual

Hello friends, I purchased a mirage 24 last year and have been looking everywhere on the net for a manual, I just have had no luck. Could anyone send me in the right direction. I would be interested to purchasing a copy of the manual if someone has one
Thanks for your time
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2011

boatpoker is on a distinguished road
The manual you are looking for does not exist. Comprehesive manuals on boats are a fairly new thing. When your boat was built it may have come with a few accessory brochures (vhf etc.) but thats about it.
Old 02-09-2011

ccriders is on a distinguished road
You can make your own manual as you go about your maintenance routines by recording make model and age of every item installed on your boat. Augment that with a wiring and plumbing diagram for what is actually installed. Engine manuals are readily available. Some stuff might be difficult to identify or measure, however a Mirage owner's group can probably fill in the blanks.
The Owner's Maual I found for my boat was so generic it probably fit every boat in the line for several years, so I started making my own.
Good luck,
John
Old 02-09-2011

Rangernewell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rangernewell
Thanks poker , that explains why im not haveing any luck....kinda like when I bought an R.V. not much info on the trailer but man did I get alot of manuals on all the appliances etc. Thats a great idea ccrider as this year I'm installing and or replacing several things such as solar panel, VHS, changing most of my lighting to LED, stereo and so on....I did join the mirage 24 group last year but there is not much action there, other than my self and one other..we have been the only ones to post in months. The reason I was looking for the manual was to find out more specifics on the boat ...eg what is solid or has a core....I have read that my hull is a solid glass hull but other that that no info. Im assuming my deck does have a core. I have been into boating all my life (speed and cruisers) but I decided to take up sailing and enjoy life. Thanks so much for your comments.

Last edited by Rangernewell; 02-09-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling