Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011
Large Member

GMFL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdra View Post
Thanks for all the input - in the end I've decided to stay away from the boat, as I don't need the tabernacle feature, so there's no point in adding complication and potential weakness without actually needing it.
I know this is a few months old, but hopefully you did stay away from this one. In my opinion, a tabernacled mast on the west coast is done to remove the corrosion at the mast base typical on I-36's. There really aren't any bridges to get under around here. I actually looked at this boat a while ago and, even though the mast was tabernacled, there was still a significant amount of corrosion at the mast base and it needed to be cut and a new mast base installed.

Anyway, I saw, a few weeks ago, this boat was "pending" for sale.... If you are still looking, I've recently seen an Islander for sale that might be a pretty good deal and would be worth a look at. (I haven't seen it) Let me know and I'll dig up the link. I think its in the Santa Barbara area.

Btw, I've purchased and Islander in the SF area and don't have any connection or interest in any boats other than mine. Just trying to help out a future Islander owner.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2011
Large Member

GMFL is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I just tried to find the link and its gone, must have been sold or I'm looking in the wrong place. Anyway the Islander 36 "Pakele" was for sale. It was recently sailed in the single handed Transpac and was for sale. It was nicely rigged if I recall. I think the price was pretty fair too, which may explain why its gone.

Oops.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook