SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Info on Roberts 26 ft sailboat

7K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  CowbaySailor 
#1 ·
I have come across a 1983 Roberts 26 ft sailboat here on Vancouver Island BC. I tried to do some research on it and the only thing I could find was a Roberts family that built boats here in BC in the early 1900's. The type of boats they built doesn't relate to this type of sailboat. I also found the Roberts guy that you can get his plans to build your own boat. Don't think this is a home made boat. Any info would be greatly appreciated

#6 ·
I had a Bruce Roberts 27. I would bet it is a Bruce Roberts. All I have seen do not
look like a home built boat. I think thousands have been built worldwide.
powerboat, power boat , steel boat plans, boat building, boatbuilding, steel boat kits, boat kits
Many are 40+ ft world cruisers made of steel or fiberglass or wood.The name on the title may be the builder/original owner of the sailboat. Look at the Web Site to see the Model name and contact them if you can't figure it out.

#9 ·
It was listed in used Naniamo but there is no pictures on the listing. I now own it. its a project but nothing I can't fix. The diesel runs, needs some deck work and the inside cleaned with some wood work. The price was right FREE. I took a bunch of pictures when I was up there yesterday but none of the whole boat. I will be back up on friday and get some more pic's. Couldn't find any ser # or any tags so hopefully the bill of sale will show something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.