Join Date: Dec 2001
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I''m in the process of selling my 1983 Catalina 30, planning to move up some in size. What I''m looking for in my next boat is
- a few more feet, 36-38, range,
- adequate headroom, I''m 6''1" and hate to bash my head...,
- draft under 5 ft, I''m a Chesapeake sailor...
- decent light air performance, I''m a Chesapeake sailor...
- quality of interior NOT measured in the number of berths. I''d like a separate cabin for the quarter berth,in addition to the v-berth. However, I''d like to have a couble of seaberth spaces as well, ideally.
- limited capability to go offshore. I''m not talking about an around the world thing, but the ability to head to Bermuda, or around Delmarva, once a summer or so.
- price under $100k.
I''ve been thinking about the Ericson 38, pre-Pacific Seacraft acquisition, but was curious what other boats I should be considering as well. Thanks in advance to all who respond.