Well you guys are good I must say. "SunStar" is what it says on the side.
I took some pictures and created an album just to simplify things:
Here is what my untrained eye picked up.
- I like the size (at least as viewed from the jetty), not too big and not cramped.
- Lots of deck space compared to a Catalina 27 (the only other boat I've looked at)
- Hull seems to be in good shape visually, just some minor cracking above the windows
- Has a roller furling
- Comes with a dingy (I'm assuming)
- recently serviced diesel engine ($1000 in service according to the owner)
- new head
- One of the windows was either open or missing! I'm hoping it hasn't been this way for long as there are otters in the marina that like to "explore" peoples boats
- The headsail (hope I'm using the right term) seems to have a number of tears in it (visible in the pictures)
- There appears to have possibly been a different window configuration at one time. There are holes that have been filled in around where the current windows are. Might have had the one piece window originally?
- Strangely enough there is a nearly identical SunStar sitting right next to this one (visible in photos), and there is a 3rd at the same marina that is for sale, but I didn't notice that until I got back home.
So I'd love to hear comments about the pictures I took, perhaps a trained eye will pick up something I missed.
Can sails be repaired or would this one need to be replaced?
Thanks for any comments!