Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2003

Myblueheaven is on a distinguished road
Lee Creekmore - any info on his designs

Came across a Lee Creekmore for sale. Looked interesting, but had little info in the add. The seller has not responded to me yet? I have seen smaller Creekmore''s but this one is 60 ft. sloop rigged I think and made in aluminum! I swear, Unlike cars and thier makers, you can''t find even the most general info on so many makes and makers of sailboats. There should be some general registery where all makers of boats by manufactures or even one off specialty houses list the specs with layout diagrams at the bare minumum.

I have a a book --BOATWATCH -- that list many many makes of sailboats and layouts and profiles. Must be hundreds(1600 sailboats) listed yet not nearly all the boats made and sold out there. Only from the late 70;s thru early early 90''s are in the book, with so many models not listed in the same class.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2003

Starboat is on a distinguished road

I can probably put you in touch with Lee Creekmore. Email me sometime at bbmonty@yahoo.com
Old 10-24-2003

sailnaway is on a distinguished road

The Creekmore was built for the most part in South Florida around the town of Daina which is on the South New River cut. The other place was StPeatersberg I Think?????? it may have been St Augustine. Any way they were heavy hand laid glass hulls and were hell for stout. The boat you are speaking of could be a one off built in Ft Lauderdale in the seventies at Sea Farer Marine buy a guy I met that built it as his dream boat.The Creekmore design seemed to be the lines she was laid on. This is just a wild guess however and may have no merit but I remember the project guite well and it looked to be built real well at that time.
Old 11-20-2007

petranek is on a distinguished road
I raced a Creekmore 27 in MORC competition on Biscayne Bay in the late 1970s--fast as could be and an easy winner, yet acted like a big boat in heavy seas and high winds. Creekmore designs were widely admired in South Florida at the time.
Old 11-22-2008

2J1 is on a distinguished road
Creekmore

Great Man,Designer for many he made the impossible come true. They still to this day admirer the boats and yes not all are KNOWN. Have a good sail.