SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

1956 mel-craft.

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  deniseO30 
#1 ·
Hello everyone who reads this. My name is Fred, and I am a new member.A friend of mine's relative just bought 1956, Mel-Craft. It is 12' in lenght and made of wood. It also has a 1956 , 18 horse Evenrude on it. All seems to be in excellant condition. It also ia on a traile. I was wondering if anyone could give us any information on this little craft. It has a plate on it that says it was manufactored in Costa Mesa, California. I never have heard of this Craft, but that doesn't mean much as I am only 68. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks , Fred

#3 ·
I worked around the corner from Mel-Craft for almost 20 years. Buzz, (nickname) was the mfg. of this craft. He was located on 16th street in Costa Mesa but passed away some 25 years ago. They were great little sabots and we sold all of the gel-coat colors that were used for the boats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.