Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2001

Attaque is on a distinguished road
Alsberg Express 34

Does any one have any experience with this boat? I intend to buy one. I know that there is a 27 and 37 Express model. Any related experiences with Alsberg built boats would be helpful. Thank you.
mf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2001

express is on a distinguished road
Alsberg Express 34

I have not seem an Express 34. I beleive there was one For Sale in New England. I would check with NorthEastern Yacht Sales.
They were the Dealer in the Eastern U.S I also know of one in Chicago It was listed as an entry in the Chicago to Mac race 2001
Keep me posted of your progress
Bill S
Old 03-22-2001

Alsberg Express 34

Check out the last Practical Salior (April 1 Vol 27 no 1). They have some information on the Express 34. They have also reveiwed the 37 in the past.
Bill S
Old 03-22-2001

cfairer is on a distinguished road
Alsberg Express 34

I worked for Alsberg in Santa Cruz in ''83. I built the plug and mold for the 37, and was there for the first few that went out the door and I can tell you it really is a great boat. We went to great lengths to make the hull as fair as possible. If you look at the hull with the light glancing off it just so, you will see no ripples or high/low spots, as in many other "lesser craft". It is a well built ultra-light that will most definetly give you some thrills in heavy air. If you are a good sailor you won''t be disapointed.
Old 03-24-2001

Alsberg Express 34

I have an Express 37. I would like to know how did they put the pattern in the nonskid decking. I would like to patch some spots and can''t seen to get it right.
Bill S
Old 03-26-2001

frankwittosch is on a distinguished road
Alsberg Express 34

With regard to the non skid on the express 37, I don''t have one but found a place that sells molds for spot repairs with about 20 different male/female molds avaialble. Contact Gibco Flex Mold at 6657 E. Peden Rd, Ft. Worth Texas 76179 Phone 817 236 5021. These patterns should do thetrick.
Old 06-04-2007

hamorx is on a distinguished road
Express 34

I worked at Alsberg Bros and helped tool the Express 34. I also delivered the first 34 to the boat show in Bridgeport CT.
Only a handful were built as far as I know but they are solid boats of Schumaker design. Had the luxury tax of the 80's not finished off the builders of Santa Cruz, I am sure that there would be many more to choose from.
Old 06-04-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Hamorx-

You really shouldn't be reviving threads that have been dead for over six years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 02-16-2009

twinsdad is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=hamorx;152177] I currently own an Express 34, which I have had for 15 years. I may be selling to get a more family friendly/cruising catamaran. Have to say they have been 15 great years. Thoroughly enjoyed the boat, and part of me will be very sad to say goodbye (although looking forward to new memories in new boat). I have raced on the boat and cruised coastal New England (Sag Harbor, LI to Nantucket, MA and many points in between). The boat is excellent in light to medium air. Not best choice for heavy winds - though handled some gale force squalls I encountered sailing it up from Annapolis to Sag Harbor very nicely.
Old 03-04-2009

EugeneSailor is on a distinguished road
express 34

Hmmm... I live on the west coast, so this may not be very practical, but in what condition is your Express 34, and how much will you be asking? You can email me directly at mcclellandorama at gmail dot com.

Thanks

Jamie

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.