SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

MARINER 39

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Looking for anyone with info or insight on the Mariner 39, we are considering this boat for a "go anywhere boat" thanks

#2 ·
This may be too late, but we are currently cruising on a Mariner 39. Absolutely great blue water boat. This boat has been to Tahiti, Alaska, and Peru, etc.

Lots of room, really, for two people and probably more.

Well found boat, sails well for a cruiser.

Also check out the Mariner Owners Net. Forgotten the web address so use Google.

Good luck.

Tony
s/v Columbine
anchored off Boot Key Harbor, Florida

#3 ·
I am about a month late with advice, but here it goes anyway.

We looked at a Mariner 41 in So. Calif. I don''t know if there is much difference between the 39 and the 41. We settled on an Island Trader 41. Same layout as the Mariner. I would say that the Mariner would have the same overall sailing characteristics as our Island Trader and we think she sails great! She is great in big swells and is very comfortable. I was 260 pounds when we bought the boat and had no "cramped" feelings anywhere in the cabin. I have since dropped 60 pounds and think the place is a palace! The mariner we looked at was wooden. Our IT is Fiberglass. Go for the fiberglass if you can find it!!!!!! So many people think our boat is wooden. It has grooves in the hull that look like wood planks. All the looks, less hassle. I originally wanted a wood boat, but am happy with the fiberglass. Besides, the masts are wood, the bowsprit, all that exterior woodwork, teak decks...there is plenty of wood to care for.

Hope this helps.

Paul

#5 ·
Hi
We were formerly the aforementioned "Namaste"... now named Zora. www.sailzora.com.
Highly recommend Mariner 39s if in good condition. Don't worry about some comments posted here and elsewhere. These are New England built boats, totally different from the Far East built ones. They are very strong, have external lead keel, not shoal draft as some have implied. Ours took us Maine to South America and back and we plan to take her 'round the world.
Stacey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.