SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Beneteau 393 and 461

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Anybody have any experience or opinions on the Beneteau 461 and the 393? Positives, negatives. Would like any input as to the better boat for a couple to coastal cruise, live aboard. Obviously the the Bruce Farr desinged 461 is quite a bit larger. I think a bit bigger than we want to maintain and man handle. I know Bruce Farr has a great reputation. Size aside, is either built better than the other. Does the 393 perform well? The 423 is about the size we want, but too much $.

Thanks

#2 ·
We chartered a 393 in the BVI''s. While I''m not up on that size boat, my friend who did most of our sailing and has a lot of experience liked the boat a lot. He wasn''t to keen on it at the start...not a Beneteau fan, but said he would have no problems buying that boat. It sailed very well, and we kicked some butts while sailing around the BVI''s (even us rookies did well with the boat.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.