Bob you contributed positively and provided a lot of great info, but we all got in a fight with Brent, even those of us that know and respects steel.
So don't take my ramblings as anything else
My problem is that Brent most likely could be a great contributor IF he changed his ways.
Basically having Bob refute Brent's crap with facts and truth blew his little world to pieces and the best he could do was to start insulting Bob's wife.
There are plenty of us that understand steel, like steel, have modest boats that we do sail on a budget (so are NOT armchair sailors despite Brent's insults to the contrary) yet we strongly disagree with Brent's stand on this.
You would think that would give Brent a hint.
I would personally love to hear more about his first adventure out into the Pacific in his twenties.
I would love to even here about his boats if he could do so without attacking...
- Any and all other steel boat designers
- Any and all all other Aluminium boat designers & builders
- Bob Perry
- Bob Perry's wife
- Block manufacturers
- West Marine ( actually anyone who sells any marine related product)
- People who paint their boats
- Smack( actually ok it's fine to swipe Smack occasionally)
- Sailnet Mods
- Any and all other sailing forums he has participated on
- His own clients
- Bob's clients
- People who use Marinas rather than paddocks
- People who like to snorkel reefs rather than hit them
- Anyone who didn't decide to go cruising in their 20's