Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1642Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
Cruising sutffiminto got completely laughed off the interwebs for being the most distorted, lying, manipulative sailing forum on the planet. It has 6 active members now doesn't it??
3 more than another very similar forum I shall not mention.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 09-18-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

Brent: you are getting weird again. Back away from the pipe and chill.

No you boats are not "in the middle" of the performance range. Your boats are close to the middle of the bottom and you cannot provide a shred of credible evidence that would prove otherwise. Your shapes are derived from geometry. That's fine but it's not the way to design performance into a boat. And don't think us really dumb enough to believe that ridiculous twadlle about "passsing the racing fleet off San Diego". Right.

There is so much I'd like to say here. But it would be unkind. I'll just shut up and let Brent continue with his desperate rant.

Fuzzy One:
Are you saying the Ft10m is not a live aboard?

Fact is that I can design boats like ther Ft10m that can smoke past any BS boat on any day just goes to show that I have a broad range of skills. In his wildest dreams BS could not design a boat lioke this. To me it's just another boat for a different purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
Pros and cons of steel sailboats-antigua%2520ft.jpg   Pros and cons of steel sailboats-feral-ft10m_003.jpg   Pros and cons of steel sailboats-ft10_pussy1_sml.jpg  

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 09-17-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I actually like Stuff. I've posted there quite a bit. RTB hangs out there. He's a forum friend whom I've had the pleasure to meet (and who hangs out here too). Great dude.

Also, I just posted a link to the BS Marketing Programme over there too. Your words Brent. I don't have to distort or lie or manipulate anything. Your words.

They can laugh or cry. Doesn't matter to me.
What I cannot comprehend is how sweet gentle Fuzzball got a lifetime ban by the the Stuffer yet you survived ? Now that is crazy.
smackdaddy likes this.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 09-17-2013

chall03 will become famous soon enough

Second you on RTB Smack, exchanged but a couple of messages with him over the years yet I know him to be a heck of a guy.

Stuffers is what it is. Enough said.

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

Old 09-17-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
What I cannot comprehend is how sweet gentle Fuzzball got a lifetime ban by the the Stuffer yet you survived ? Now that is crazy.
It is a bit odd I'll grant you. I changed my Sully-edited sig from "Part of Coordinated Attack on Board" to "Best Part of Coordinated Attack on Board". Heh-heh.

Sully's not so bad. He came out of all that hubbub kind of smelling like a rose actually...compared to some others who were a little over the top on the taunting there at the end. His forum's doing fine - and those tables kind of turned on the taunters. Funny how things always work out.

-Yeah, Chall, RTB is the guy who hooked me into ocean racing. I got to meet him and his wife before heading out on that first race. They've been cruising the Carib now for the last year or two. They're having some seriously good times. I hope to see them again when they head back this way.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 09-18-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post

Fuzzy One:
Are you saying the Ft10m is not a live aboard?

Last time I was having a squizz at Balmain Tiger (FT10 out of Balmain Sailing Club) she was a wee bit tight down below.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 09-17-2013

Capt Len is on a distinguished road

Keeping this thread to topic ie pros and cons,. I'd like to point out that the production of so many plastic hulls, which are actually modified oil , is surely a factor in global warming and climate change.This partial responsibility for the thinning of the Arctic ice has so angered the northern angels as they lose their ancestral dancing territory that they have caused an increase in stormy weather in temperate latitudes in the hope of destroying as many GRP boats as possible. You may well ask 'How many angels are involved?' Hows that for thread adherence?
Old 09-17-2013

jak3b is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Len View Post
Keeping this thread to topic ie pros and cons,. I'd like to point out that the production of so many plastic hulls, which are actually modified oil , is surely a factor in global warming and climate change.This partial responsibility for the thinning of the Arctic ice has so angered the northern angels as they lose their ancestral dancing territory that they have caused an increase in stormy weather in temperate latitudes in the hope of destroying as many GRP boats as possible. You may well ask 'How many angels are involved?' Hows that for thread adherence?
Are you F'ing kidding me? all those plastic hulls,how about the millions of tons of plastic disposable diapers,styrofoam cups, the billions of tons of plastic household crap that is produced and buried everyday.The entire history of fiberglass boat production world wide wouldnt compare to a single week of that. I tell what would though and thats a Chinese coal fired steel mill, just one has caused more enviromental damage that all the plastic and wood boatbuilding in the last 50 years.
Old 09-18-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

Fuzzer:
I can't believe you tried to whizz below on the Ft10m.
It's not that kind of live aboard.

Of course Brent is going to say, "Oh yeah just see what happens to an FT10m when it goes on the rocks."

To begin with, the Ft10m, that could sail circles around your 34'er, is just a race boat and not a cruiser. But since you were probably going to bring up the subject I'll say that an Ft10m in Sydney Harbor broke its mooring in a storm and pounded on the rocks for two days There was damage to the lifting keel trunk but the rest of the boat came through the ordeal very well. The boat is still racing.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 09-18-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Oh Pshaw Perry, pshaw. are you honestly suggesting a 20 year old VDS with all our gear could not keep up with an FT ?

sigh.

OK I concede you this one point but if the sucker didn't give me right of way then I'd nail him. As for the FT still racing ... sounds like us. everyone else back at the bar and we'd still be racing.

cheers

Last edited by tdw; 09-18-2013 at 12:41 AM.