Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1688Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Brent - Just because your angry with God for always putting reefs in front of your slow ugly boats, don't take it out on him here.
mark2gmtrans likes this.

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough

It seems to me that what was once a good thread is fast moving towards off-topic..
Old 09-18-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

There is no off topic.
I learned that in the 60's.
smackdaddy and AlaskaMC like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 09-18-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
Bob
Letting lies go unchallenged, causes people all kinds of grief and needless expense. The only way to prevent it is to challenge all such lies, which I do, enjoy doing, and intend to keep on doing . No not allowing lies to go unchallenged, does not make me unhappy. Passively watching people hurt by them, when I could do something to save them the expense and frustration, would make me unhappy.
Dude. I know just how you feel.
chall03 likes this.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 09-18-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
Your profile doesn't say Banned. I'm sure you can sleep better now. Heh-heh. 41 posts. Pretty good ones, too.
I was on fire ....

Dead right mate, I have been unbanned. Interesting but like Jonesy, Chall and probably a few others I simply do not have the time and energy to spend my life forum surfing. I'll go and have a read occasionally but that is about all. Must say that despite my vehement objections to the way Smack was treated at A-S I still like to think of Alex as a friend and if I do miss CA.

Maybe though if we ever find a foolproof method of keeping BBQ under lock and key I might have some free time.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 09-18-2013
grumpy old man

Brent:
But you lie all the time. You make things up. You invent facts.
For instance, the time your boats passed the racing fleet in San Diego? What's with that? Do you seriolusly believe we think that is reality?

But, not to worry I am here to call you on each and every lie you tell. I have fun doing it.
If I miss one of your lies, i.e. the 28' custom Perry alu boat for instance, I'm sure Smackers will catch it.

Bob's Blog ....

Old 09-18-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
I was on fire ....

Dead right mate, I have been unbanned. Interesting but like Jonesy, Chall and probably a few others I simply do not have the time and energy to spend my life forum surfing. I'll go and have a read occasionally but that is about all. Must say that despite my vehement objections to the way Smack was treated at A-S I still like to think of Alex as a friend and if I do miss CA.

Maybe though if we ever find a foolproof method of keeping BBQ under lock and key I might have some free time.
I'll be honest, you guys are much better at throwing off grudges than I've been. And I don't say that proudly. I really hope he just got caught up in the heat of the moment back then. But that was some serious defamation that went down after I'd been booted. Not just forum fighting - but really low blows.

Even so, I would love to bury the Rocna. I know it's not worth it. I considered him a friend too. I'll try to get over it.

That said - CA is the bomb. SA may very well crater due to the lawsuit - but CA has some of the best sailors there are on the interwebs. Those guys are gold.
tdw and bljones like this.

Old 09-18-2013
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
I'm sure Smackers will catch it.
What can I say?

Old 09-18-2013
grumpy old man

Yahoo!
We be gold!

Bob's Blog ....

Old 09-18-2013
TROUBLE

RTB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
I was on fire ....

Dead right mate, I have been unbanned. Interesting but like Jonesy, Chall and probably a few others I simply do not have the time and energy to spend my life forum surfing.
Happy I was right. Drop by any time.

Ralph