Not a Member? 

Like Tree1623Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Brent:
Because you have nothing to show you resort to ridiculous personal attacks like:

" To "enjoy"that would take a life form considerably below that of a cockroach."

Who are you talking about?
Do you know these people?
Do you know exactly where their money goes?
No, I am very certain you have no idea at all.
You might be very surprised.

But that doesn't stop you from making hyper judgmental accusations.

Get back to the subject. Post some pics of your boat and show us your design skills.
Or not.

It's the "pros and cons" Brent and I am here to represent the cons so get used to it. Time for you to show us the pros. Or not. So far you are all talk.

The irony is I have no problem with your lifestyle. I think most of your boats are crude cobbled together home built odd boat. Some of them look quite nice. They are simply not my preferred style of boat. Lots of boats could fit in there. But this condemnation of every varying approach to yachting is really small minded. You need to look around and realize that it is a big world with lots of opinions and tastes.

Pasta Putanesca tonight or "whorehouse pasta". It's one of my specialties. I hope. I had better run and get the sauce going. Have a good night Brent. Sorry you can't join us for dinner. It would be a kick in the pants.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2014
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Heh-heh. I'm sure some of them do. Even though I like to hammer on your outlandish claims and silly insults, I'd still buy you a beer. It doesn't have to be personal.
Me too! I think the world needs more iconoclasts (which Brent is in spades) and eccentrics. I'll buy the man a beer if I ever get the chance. (I'd also sneak a small camera so I could get a photo of his boat for Bob.)

MedSailor
smackdaddy likes this.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
Old 04-25-2014
grumpy old man

I'll send you a camera Med.

Bob's Blog ....

Old 04-25-2014
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Heh-heh. I'm sure some of them do. Even though I like to hammer on your outlandish claims and silly insults, I'd still buy you a beer. It doesn't have to be personal.
Here's a new avatar for you Smacker.
Attached Thumbnails
Pros and cons of steel sailboats-internet-tough-guy.jpg  

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 04-25-2014
grumpy old man

No. I'm not going to say anything.

Bob's Blog ....

Old 04-25-2014

shank32095 is on a distinguished road

I don't know fellas but the little bit of BS that I have heard from BS I have absolutely no inclination to buy or especially have a beer with him. You must be kidding me. He is an incredibly obnoxious, boring entitlement moron. Come spend an hour sailing on my boat with my Irish arse and lets' so who is the coward or better yet come stay a while talking smack down in Salvador-Bahia where I have a home. I guarantee you won't be lonely for long.
Let's see a pic of your boat BS or STFU.
Old 04-25-2014
new dad!

christian.hess is on a distinguished road

dude people RELAX!

where is the pro and con of steel boats in any of these posts? jajajajajajaja

I like the back and forth between designers, input from those with experience with different materials in which boats are made...and what some materials excel at etc...

but man!
DJR351 and Capt Len like this.

Old 04-25-2014

outbound is on a distinguished road

Brent you took a shot at me so feel justified to reply.
1. My boat is fully insulated. Deck is divinylcell cored. You may be so ignorant to not not realize cored structures have significant R value. Although hull is solid glass a non structural core is applied as well.
2. Not being a naval,architect you may not realize one of the very important features of a comfortable boat is adequate ventilation down below. That issue plus single source heating will result in a boat such as yours. It will heat and then retain heat to an uncomfortable degree or be unevenly heated hot near the heat source and cold at the ends.
3. Any reasonable wood stove will take time to heat it's mass and considerable time to cool. No running the heat for 5minutes just to take the chill off.
4. I like the saloon warm for folks coming off watch or hanging out but the staterooms a few degrees cooler for sleeping. Must folks do. Boat was designed with 3 zones. Just like in a house.

Btw- in your whole life have you saved any lives? Have you added to the science and knowledge of the world? Have you run any free clinics? ? What have have you given to the common good?

Last edited by outbound; 04-25-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2014
grumpy old man

"I like the back and forth between designers,"

Ok, I'm a designer but who is the other guy you are referring to. A designer has designs to show. He shows off his design work. I have never seen anything from BS to show he is a designer. Nothing. He builds boats. Designers have designs. A DESIGNER DESIGNS, BS is a hack builder.

But I would definitely have a beer with him. But he doesn't drink.

Bob's Blog ....

Last edited by bobperry; 04-26-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-26-2014
new dad!

christian.hess is on a distinguished road

semantics at this point, I hear ya...but I just havent read any input design wise, material wise, or basically anything related to steel boat building in the last I dunnoo 100 pages of this thread?

jajaja

peace