SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   nemier...update (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/95043-nemier-update.html)

nemier 12-18-2012 12:28 AM

nemier...update

1 Attachment(s)
Guys / Gals,
I have been struggling for our next boat for a few years now. There was a time when we were seriously considering going back to sail. However, after some soul searching and critically analyzing what we wanted to do with our next boat, we chose a Nordhavn 62.

I will still frequent SailNet from time to time, but refrain from posting. I believe I should leave that to the serious sailors. I have enjoyed the SailNet fraternity & hospitality over the years, and most of all - learned a lot. So thank you for that, this is truly a great website. I've attached a photo of our new boat (very low res).

Anyone may contact me at 'nemier(at)fastmail(dot)fm' if they wish.
Cheers Guys. Thanks for the opportunity to learn.

Faster 12-18-2012 01:27 AM

Re: nemier...update

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!.. you're stuck on the DarkSide.....:p:p;):)

Ah well, you gotta do what you oughta do... thanks for the update.. Are you going to keep her in Vancouver?

Cheers, and Congrats.... (I guess..:rolleyes:)

blt2ski 12-18-2012 02:07 AM

aah man! boooooo!

Altho have to admit, thems are nice boats!

Enjoy, hopefully will see you locally some day.

marty

PCP 12-18-2012 11:49 AM

Hi:)

What happened to the 50ft cat?

You are circumnavigating with that? That should cost an huge amount of money in fuel.

What is the consumption of that baby doing 10k? and I don't mean in flat water.

Nice to hear from you again;)

Regards

Paulo

erps 12-18-2012 12:17 PM

What a beautiful boat! Post more pictures when you can.

jrd22 12-18-2012 12:48 PM

Can't go wrong with a Nordhavn, and the 62 has the best lines of all! Hope to see you again, stop by the island if you are down this way. What's the name of the boat?
I'm with Erps, more pics (and an update on your cruising plans).

svHyLyte 12-18-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemier (Post 963354)
Guys / Gals,
I have been struggling for our next boat for a few years now. There was a time when we were seriously considering going back to sail. However, after some soul searching and critically analyzing what we wanted to do with our next boat, we chose a Nordhavn 62.

I will still frequent SailNet from time to time, but refrain from posting. I believe I should leave that to the serious sailors. I have enjoyed the SailNet fraternity & hospitality over the years, and most of all - learned a lot. So thank you for that, this is truly a great website. I've attached a photo of our new boat (very low res).

Nice yacht. Hopefully you will enjoy it in safety (if not thrift vis-a-vis fuel). Consider carrying a small boat that can be used as a dinghy, but sailed as well, on deck and you'll still be one of the "Good Guys/Gals" in an anchorage.

Happy Holidaze...

Cruisingdad 12-18-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemier (Post 963354)
Guys / Gals,

That boat ROCKS! Good for you. Its all about getting out there, motor, sail, or trawler.

Take care and feel free to stick around!!

Brian

bljones 12-18-2012 03:36 PM

Hey, if you can't have a blowboat, a big-ass nordhavn is an acceptable substitute....

...barely.

tdw 12-18-2012 05:17 PM

Nemier .... you;ve moved quite some distance from a Van de Stadt 34.

I seriously doubt an N62 is in my future but if I was going dark side then that is the direction I'd head. Seriously cool stinkers those things.

Is this a hijack ? If it is slap me over the wrist but the one thing that surprises me about Nordhavns is the single screw.

On the other hand what of the Nordhavn motor sailor ? Man that is one ugly sucker.

Cheers to you Nemier. Anytime you wish to update us on your cruising news you'll be more than welcome here.

rgds

Andrew B