SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

C&C 25 MkII

14K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  PaulinVictoria 
#1 ·
C&C 25' MKII - Nanaimo Sailboats For Sale - Kijiji Nanaimo Canada.

Here's another ad that I'm hoping to take a look at. A bit higher in price than I'd like to go, but it doesn't look like this one would take too much initial fixing up.

I haven't found all that much so far on the MkIIs, unfortunately. Apparently the MkIs were pretty roomy for their length, which would be nice. I'd like to be able to take a few friends out for weekends, but I doubt I'd be going out for much more in the near future. Again, I'd like to be able to single-hand, and be able to fit the boat on a trailer (although it wouldn't be dry more than once or twice a year, unless for long-term storage if a contract takes me inland for a spell).

Any thoughts? I know there were a few of these boats around, so I'm hoping someone who sailed one for a while can weigh in ...

#2 ·
The C&C is considerably more boat than the SJ. Both are good boats - I've never heard anyone say they were sorry they owned either of them. :)

#7 ·
Murph,

You boat looks in great shape. You must be proud. Love to see other C&Cs, I am sure you selling this comes with mixed feelings havin owned her for so long. What are you looking to buy? ( Our 35 while not for sail yet is a great coastal cruiser and shes quick and well made like most C&C.s, The 35 MKIII were a fast boat even compared to other similar sized and we do quite well in our club type races against many of the larger Catalina,and Bennes

#8 ·
#9 ·
jc, this one looks pretty decent, I actually looked at it before I bought mine a few years back, think it was up for $10k at that point C&C 25 MKl 1974 - it's near me, I'd be happy to go take a look at it for you and get some more photos etc.
Murph - you interested in selling that lovely colourful gennaker seperately? Drop me a PM.

#11 ·
The one I linked to is a 25 :p The main difference between the 24 and 25 (other than about 2 inches of waterline) is that the 25 has separate head rather than having it under the v-berth. This is at the expense of a bit of cabin space, especially in the galley area.

#12 ·
And almost 1/2 ton of disp., 900 Lbs of ballast and 50' of sail.

The 25 is quite a bit more boat.

#14 ·
Hmmm, it looks to me like it would be a lot harder to shift the C&C overland, is that fair to say? However, it also looks like it would be a much better boat to run up the outside with, once I get to that stage of sailing. Are there any major differences in build quality between C&C and San Juan?

As long as it's predictable and I can work with it I'm not too concerned about getting 'a lot more boat'. If they're too squirrely I'd definitely start to get nervous.

#15 ·
Neither the SJ or the C&C is going to be a walk in the park to shift overland. Personally I'd either get a trailer sailor, or drop the idea of using a normal boat as one (for the time being), it's not like there isn't a shed-load to explore on this side and finding places you can launch a 4ft draught boat is tough.
You could look at something like the older McGregors (26s), they sail much better than the new ones (m/x), or perhaps something a little smaller such as the Hunter22 which is more trailerable. There's one for sail up your way, I'm sure you've seen the ads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.