SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   C&C 25 MkII (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/95621-c-c-25-mkii.html)

jcwhite 01-11-2013 02:29 AM

C&C 25 MkII

C&C 25' MKII - Nanaimo Sailboats For Sale - Kijiji Nanaimo Canada.

Here's another ad that I'm hoping to take a look at. A bit higher in price than I'd like to go, but it doesn't look like this one would take too much initial fixing up.

I haven't found all that much so far on the MkIIs, unfortunately. Apparently the MkIs were pretty roomy for their length, which would be nice. I'd like to be able to take a few friends out for weekends, but I doubt I'd be going out for much more in the near future. Again, I'd like to be able to single-hand, and be able to fit the boat on a trailer (although it wouldn't be dry more than once or twice a year, unless for long-term storage if a contract takes me inland for a spell).

Any thoughts? I know there were a few of these boats around, so I'm hoping someone who sailed one for a while can weigh in ...

SloopJonB 01-11-2013 03:51 AM

Re: C&C 25 MkII

The C&C is considerably more boat than the SJ. Both are good boats - I've never heard anyone say they were sorry they owned either of them. :)

jsaronson 01-11-2013 08:43 AM

check out C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center for all things C&C

jcwhite 01-11-2013 11:22 AM

Ooh, thanks for that jsaronson! That'll keep me busy for a while this weekend

AirborneSF 01-11-2013 12:16 PM

jc, that looks great, CnC's have a great rep, I love mine. I really like the location of that stove.

captainmurph 01-11-2013 01:37 PM

I think the C&C25 is fairly closely related to the 24 in many ways. If you want to consider a 24 (with outboard not inbooard) look at mine that is up for sale: C&C 24 For Sale By Owner

Murph

chef2sail 01-11-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainmurph (Post 973968)
I think the C&C25 is fairly closely related to the 24 in many ways. If you want to consider a 24 (with outboard not inbooard) look at mine that is up for sale: C&C 24 For Sale By Owner

Murph

Murph,

You boat looks in great shape. You must be proud. Love to see other C&Cs, I am sure you selling this comes with mixed feelings havin owned her for so long. What are you looking to buy? ( Our 35 while not for sail yet is a great coastal cruiser and shes quick and well made like most C&C.s, The 35 MKIII were a fast boat even compared to other similar sized and we do quite well in our club type races against many of the larger Catalina,and Bennes

Faster 01-11-2013 09:24 PM

JC... here's a local CL listing.. boat's Canadian in Blaine WA... Might be of interest.

Santana 27 Sailboat sloop

And another, North Van

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nv...539431481.html

Nothing wrong with a good C&C 24/25, but these may be worth a look too....

PaulinVictoria 01-11-2013 10:30 PM

jc, this one looks pretty decent, I actually looked at it before I bought mine a few years back, think it was up for $10k at that point C&C 25 MKl 1974 - it's near me, I'd be happy to go take a look at it for you and get some more photos etc.
Murph - you interested in selling that lovely colourful gennaker seperately? Drop me a PM.

chef2sail 01-11-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria (Post 974210)
jc, this one looks pretty decent, I actually looked at it before I bought mine a few years back, think it was up for $10k at that point C&C 25 MKl 1974 - it's near me, I'd be happy to go take a look at it for you and get some more photos etc.
Murph - you interested in selling that lovely colourful gennaker seperately? Drop me a PM.

I was waiting for "Tangerine Man" to show up. :):)That 24 also looks nice too.