SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   What do you think about this C&C (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/95954-what-do-you-think-about-c-c.html)

davidpm 01-21-2013 10:57 PM

What do you think about this C&C

Springline Yacht Sales, LLC (Mystic, CT)

Expect it will sell for mid 50's.
What would be the advantages and disadvantages of this boat for a retired couple living aboard and cruising for maybe 5 years the east coast of the us and islands and maybe a little south america.

I saw the boat last sat. Is pretty clean, has a faircloth cover, engine rebuilt a few years ago, looks clean.
Did not see rig.

jameswilson29 01-22-2013 08:36 AM

Re: What do you think about this C&C

Nice, I like it.

Diesel was rebuilt in 1995, 17 years ago, and only has 150 hours on it? Something is amiss there.

jsaronson 01-22-2013 09:27 AM

check out C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center for all things C&C. Good luck!

davidpm 01-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameswilson29 (Post 979314)
Nice, I like it.

Diesel was rebuilt in 1995, 17 years ago, and only has 150 hours on it? Something is amiss there.

Not really. The last few years it was being used as a condo the owner was sick.
Has cancer now.

kwaltersmi 01-22-2013 10:36 AM

I'm a big fan of C&C's Landfall series as I think they offer a good balance of cruise-ability, sailing performance, and good build quality. I looked at a Landfall 39 two years ago and found the layout to be ideal. Not a bad looker for a CC boat either.

You might find Charlie Doane's review of the Landfall 38 useful.

In any case, the particular boat you mention seems like a good deal if she's well-kept.

jimgo 01-22-2013 11:17 AM

Did you notice the water damage in picture 10 (the forward head)? It may be nothing (leaky sink), but it may be indicative of other problems in that area. Otherwise, my very amateur eye doesn't see anything that jumps out as a problem.

Good luck!

chef2sail 01-22-2013 11:19 AM

I am also a fan of the Landfall 43. being a C&C construction is fairly good throughout. It is not a slow boat, but not built the the racer cruisers either. I know a few people who have cruised these in the Pacific as well as the Atlantic and I beleive this boat was also cruised in the Caribbean. Tankage for a 43 is a little light. All in all I think its a good buy.

Check all thru hulls and through deck fittings as it is a cored boat. Also check chainplates and find the last time the rod rigging was done?

Dave

SloopJonB 01-22-2013 02:07 PM

I've never heard of anyone saying they regretted buying a C&C.

miatapaul 01-22-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloopJonB (Post 979484)
I've never heard of anyone saying they regretted buying a C&C.

Only when dealing with core, but they do sail well. I really like the looks of the interior on this a lot, those bunks in the walk through look ideal for grandchildren! The exterior leaves no doubt that it is a center cockpit. If it looks good I say go for it. As chef said do check the hull, is it out of the water now? If it is you might want to take a moisture meter to the hull before paying for a full survey.

Tim R. 01-22-2013 04:57 PM

Not an ideal design if you plan to sail off-shore. No good access to a head. You have to go pretty far and to the ends of the boat to get to one. Maybe not a deal breaker for you but a consideration.

Looks great for LA though.