SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   New(ish) ca. 45 ft boats w large fwd&aft cabins (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/97664-new-ish-ca-45-ft-boats-w-large-fwd-aft-cabins.html)

ArgleBargle 03-18-2013 12:25 AM

New(ish) ca. 45 ft boats w large fwd&aft cabins

hi

considering going a little larger.

looking for new or late model boats in the 45 ft range (pref 42-46) with 2 cabins - single large fwd cabin & single large aft cabin of comparable size.

we have decided this works best for us since we often cruise with one other couple.

so far found Jeanneau 44 DS & i think Hake-Seaward 46RK is also available in this configuration. Jeanneau seems storage-challenged and perhaps a bit cheaply-built, though, and not really interested in the retractable keel of the 46RK.

anyone know of any other similar sized boats available in this kind of 2-cabin configuration?

we currently sail a Hanse 370e.

thanks!

Faster 03-18-2013 10:25 AM

Re: New(ish) ca. 45 ft boats w large fwd&aft cabins

Considering new? or letting someone else work out the bugs and install all the other necessaries?

blt2ski 03-18-2013 11:39 AM

If you like your hanse, why not look for a mid 40' Hanse! To name a few that have floorplans of the type you want, Jeanneau, beneteau, bavaria, Catalina, Hunter, Elan, J-boat, Tartan, Island Packet, DuFour, Swan.........shall I go on?

If you want bigger, best to hit the boat shows, start looking at the docks. Try to get on other peoples boats when out cruising......when you find the boat you want, you will know it. Of course, if you can afford it, and want to go that way, take a trip south to the Mukeltio indian reservation, see Bob Perry, have him design your next boat, and have it built locally by one of many that can do so!

marty

manhattan08 03-18-2013 01:01 PM

45ft. Hunter Passage.

outbound 03-18-2013 01:01 PM

HR either 43 or 46. the aft cabin in my outbound is very liveable as well

ArgleBargle 03-22-2013 12:07 PM

thanks for the responses.

i hadnt really considered buying a boat with 2 aft cabins and modifying it. i suspect that would add substantial cost, but dont really have much experience in that regard.

blt2ski: I checked on some of the boats you mentioned. Hanse 445, DuFour 450 seem to only be available in 2 small aft cabin version. catalina 445, on the catalina site, has a single aft cabin but it is small because of what appears to be a storage space on the port side. swan also seems unavail in this type of config, and prob too pricey anyway.

i am looking for two large cabins, one fwd, one aft.

you are correct, though, the tartan 4300 & IP 460 do seem to fit the bill. thanks.

outbound & manhattan: thanks, yes, HR & hunter 45 also seem to be available in this config.

so the list is: HR 43/46, hunter 45, tartan 4300, jeanneau 44DS, Hake Seaward 46RK, IP460.

cheers!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blt2ski (Post 1004155)
If you like your hanse, why not look for a mid 40' Hanse! To name a few that have floorplans of the type you want, Jeanneau, beneteau, bavaria, Catalina, Hunter, Elan, J-boat, Tartan, Island Packet, DuFour, Swan.........shall I go on?

If you want bigger, best to hit the boat shows, start looking at the docks. Try to get on other peoples boats when out cruising......when you find the boat you want, you will know it. Of course, if you can afford it, and want to go that way, take a trip south to the Mukeltio indian reservation, see Bob Perry, have him design your next boat, and have it built locally by one of many that can do so!

marty

benesailor 03-22-2013 12:32 PM

What about a Southerly 420? Very nice, and very nice for the Bahamas or for shallow water. Tour it in person if you get the chance.

Southerly 420 - Interior Layout