Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 52.2 - SailNet Community
Boat Reviews This forum has all types of boat reviews. Take a look, Dream, Agree, Dissagree.... but enjoy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-09-2016 Thread Starter

Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 52.2

I am interested in a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 52.2 for coastal and blue water cruising. Does anyone have experience of sailing on these boats or similar Jeanneau designs (this one is by Bruce Farr)? I'm particularly interested in sailing performance but would welcome any comments.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-10-2016

Re: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 52.2

We sail a 2001 Jeanneau DS40 - so not exactly comparable- but I think the 52.2s were built about the same time and have hand laid hardwood stringers that make the boat a bit heavier but incredibly sturdy and no liner - we lift our floor and we see the keel bolts.
Boats built by Jeanneau during that era are generally incredible sailing machines and you can take them safely anywhere you want.

Hope some 52.2 owners chip in -- or trying going to the Jeanneau owners site and ask them

good luck and we love our Jeanneau

Just our thoughts and opinion
Chuck, Patty and SVSoulMates
In the Black Sea
post #3 of 5 Old 04-10-2016

http://previousboats.jeanneau.com/20...boat&n=17&nl=2
On Line Reviews & Information two online reviews linked

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!

post #4 of 5 Old 04-10-2016 Thread Starter

Thank you for the reassuring comments and reviews. Confirms my impression that Jeanneaus were better built than a lot of other production boats. A bit heavier is fine if the sailing performance is still good, and it doesn't sound as if you have any complaints about that.
Also good that the manufacturer is still in business to provide information and hopefully some kind of support if necessary.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-22-2016

Hi Richpt, I just wanted to know if you eventually bought your SO 52.2 and what do you think. I am looking for the same boat!
Greetings
Roiberto

Tags
jeannneau

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-reviews/248185-jeanneau-sun-odyssey-52-2-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 52.2 - SailNet Community This thread Refback 04-09-2016 10:14 AM