SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Reviews (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-reviews/)
-   -   Chris Craft Caribbean 35 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-reviews/59300-chris-craft-caribbean-35-a.html)

MelanieLeslie 10-27-2009 12:48 PM

Chris Craft Caribbean 35

I'm considering purchasing a Chris Craft Caribbean 35. Anyone sailed one or have experience with one? I'd love to hear your reviews. Only one posted in earlier threads from 2002.
Melanie

warmwatersailor 10-27-2009 04:21 PM

CC Caribbean 35

neighbor down the road had one. He lost her in a storm. I'll ask him some good bad and ugly. Where will you be using her?

sailortjk1 10-27-2009 04:42 PM

Just browsed through Yacht World at a couple, First Thoughts with out any first hand experince;
Good Designer Olin Stevens Can't be bad right?
The Cockpit is a bit odd and does not look comfotable in my opinion.

warmwatersailor 10-27-2009 07:01 PM

storm loss

to clarify this, he left her on anchor during a storm about 4 or 5 years ago. anchor dragged and she hit a bridge and went down. she wasnt insured. he started looking for a sistership.

windyofvenice 04-24-2010 06:14 AM

caribbean35

Hay Melanie
I have buy a caribbean two year ago
(sorry about my poor english language - maybe you speak franch or italian? If yes please inform me)
It' a merveillous boat, soft in the wave crossing, she get a feeling of solidity and the interiors are confortable.
the boat it's a old lady with 35 years of life, ketch sailed, a little bit undersailed for the poor winds of the Adriatic sea.
If you need same information please mail me , I will be happy to get you the answer I know.
sincerely
Tony

Whitewings2003 07-10-2010 10:00 AM

I know of one that was cruised around the world by 3 ladies, they didn't say anything bad about the boat. It is an older design with a big cockpit, make sure you have big scuppers if you are pooped.

BikerSailor125 12-07-2011 08:53 PM

Chris Smith, founder's son sailed one out of Grosse Pointe Yacht Club in the mid 70's. As if that means anything.

tom3215 12-31-2011 11:12 AM

....there is nice one in Michigan still for sale. All redone and the price is right. I think 30k or less, I would guess they are taking 15k plus in the shorts on this sale. Check out the for sale sights, easy to find.

happy sailing!

tom3215

Nerites 07-20-2015 05:42 AM

Re: caribbean35

Quote:

Originally Posted by windyofvenice (Post 596857)
Hay Melanie
I have buy a caribbean two year ago
(sorry about my poor english language - maybe you speak franch or italian? If yes please inform me)
It' a merveillous boat, soft in the wave crossing, she get a feeling of solidity and the interiors are confortable.
the boat it's a old lady with 35 years of life, ketch sailed, a little bit undersailed for the poor winds of the Adriatic sea.
If you need same information please mail me , I will be happy to get you the answer I know.
sincerely
Tony

Hi, My name is Neree and i'm also italian...
i'd like to know more about the Caribbean 35 as i'm planning to buy one as well.
would love to have your insights about it and maybe meet up in person for a test :)

chuck53 07-20-2015 12:03 PM

Re: caribbean35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerites (Post 2917610)
Hi, My name is Neree and i'm also italian...
i'd like to know more about the Caribbean 35 as i'm planning to buy one as well.
would love to have your insights about it and maybe meet up in person for a test :)

Tony only posted here on sailnet once and that was over 5 years ago. I doubt you will be hearing from him.