Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Boat Reviews
 Not a Member? 

Boat Reviews This forum has all types of boat reviews. Take a look, Dream, Agree, Dissagree.... but enjoy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Boat show time - Annapolis

Yep it is that time of the year for boat shows through out the Eastern Seaboard. I hope to attend this years Annapolis boat show. Anyone else going this year? Maybe a meet-up of Sailneter's for pizza and beer.
As usual, I will have my notepad with me and camera this time to take pictures and review the new models. I am not hopeful that the big manufactures have changed things much but a girl can hope.
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
Yep it is that time of the year for boat shows through out the Eastern Seaboard. I hope to attend this years Annapolis boat show. Anyone else going this year? Maybe a meet-up of Sailneter's for pizza and beer.
As usual, I will have my notepad with me and camera this time to take pictures and review the new models. I am not hopeful that the big manufactures have changed things much but a girl can hope.
Are they going to let you in the boat show this time? (snicker). I better give Massey a call and let him know you are coming!!!!!

Just kidding, of course.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 09-14-2010

4arch is on a distinguished road
I'm planning on going to the show though I'm not sure which day yet as I live locally. I believe there has been a meetup of Sailnetters on the show weekend in years past. If enough people want to meet up then I'm in!

For people who've been recently, what kind of "deals" have there been at the trade show in recent years? I haven't been in a while. It's always tempting to go and impulse buy all kinds of gear at "show special" prices, but what show specials have truly been better deals than you could get the items online or on sale at a local chandlery? The main thing I'll be in the market for is new foulies for my wife and myself.
Old 09-14-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Wonder if my Cabo Rico 47 will be there? Talk bout a dream LOL

my current "project"!
Old 09-14-2010

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
heck, denise... if your going large why not just get the 56?
all their boats look wonderful...

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture
Old 09-14-2010

xxuxx is on a distinguished road
XXUXX will be sailing to the show.

I cannot wait see all the shiny new boats...........and parties.
I will forever be grateful to the show for putting the squip in the changer!!
Do not miss this year as they are giving away free key chains!!!
Old 09-14-2010

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
huh... they give free key chains--in return a few dozen cashiers checks for 250k! AM I IN THE WRONG BUSINESS OR WHAT?!?!

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture
Old 09-14-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Wanna do our traditional SailNet gathering, Friday night of the show (8th) at Port Annapolis Marina by the Wet Dog Cafe?

IMHO, the best deals are found if you go first thing Friday morning and make a deal for the floor model for outboards, dinghies, any display model they won't want to haul back. You can usually get a good deal for that, everybody wins. Get a receipt for it, the seller has it to display thru the show. Then Monday afternoon you return, show your receipt, get into the show for free because "you're just picking up an item" and stay to watch tear-down (a lot of fun, if you've never seen it)
Old 09-14-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Wonder how to find a boat/captain to volunteer my time as as a crew delivering the boat to another place. Boy...... there are a lot of boats need to move in a short time.

If they let me try it, I may buy one when I am ready.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 09-14-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
Wanna do our traditional SailNet gathering, Friday night of the show (8th) at Port Annapolis Marina by the Wet Dog Cafe?
Butttttttt many of us not a VIP, we are just farmers. Besides the buggy can only run so fast, we won't be there until Sat.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.