Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Boat Reviews
 Not a Member? 

Boat Reviews This forum has all types of boat reviews. Take a look, Dream, Agree, Dissagree.... but enjoy.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Beneteau Oceanis 37 vs Jeanneau SO 379

If the jeanneau costs there 20 000 more I would go with the Oceanis 37. The fact that the boat has already some years makes it less expensive. It is a great design and a good sailing boat.

You are the only one that know if you need a bigger and slightly faster boat. If you need it buy the 409, not the 41ds, unless your wive really makes a point in having the king size aft cabin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2013
Whitewater to Seawater

Zoya is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I ended up buying a Beneteau Oceanis 41 and am very happy with that choice. In my research, I felt that for that size of boat, the Beneteau offered tremendous value when comparing to boats from Jeanneau, their sister company.
Old 05-07-2013

jlasail is on a distinguished road

I just joined Sailnet recently and I also live in the DC area (French too) and looking for either Jeanneau, Benneteau or Dufour (potentially). Did you consider the Jeanneau 41 in your decision? And also if I may ask, where did you park your new boat? What is the best Marina close to DC? I am planning on buying a boat this fall.
thx
JL
Old 08-26-2013

littlelizzy is on a distinguished road

Just got off a chartered Beneteau 37. Great boat but the one thing that has me perplexed is the 15 gallon holding tank. With five people aboard (four ladies) we needed a pump out far more often that I would have liked. If this is important to you for multi day cruising, please make sure your decision has tis in mind.
Old 08-26-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelizzy View Post
Just got off a chartered Beneteau 37. Great boat but the one thing that has me perplexed is the 15 gallon holding tank. With five people aboard (four ladies) we needed a pump out far more often that I would have liked. If this is important to you for multi day cruising, please make sure your decision has tis in mind.
Well a 4 day charter one would expect to be 3 miles out so you can pump over then. But in a lake or other no discharge zones can be a problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4
Old 11-07-2013

MGSailor is on a distinguished road

One significant advantage of the Jeanneau is the option for dual rudders on the shoal keel boats. I have a SO 379 with this set up and it tracks beautifully. Great control regardless of heel angle. I hated to settle for the shoal draft, but with the Great Lakes evaporating rapidly, it seemed like a wise choice and the twin rudders helped to offset some of the performance lost with the shallow keel.
Old 11-08-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlasail View Post
I am curious, what did you buy? I am currently facing a similar decision and am hesitant between these 2 sailboats. I am also considering the Jeanneau 41DS, any opinion?
I guess that today you are talking about the Oceanis 38 that had replaced the 37?

I am not sure if I understand why you prefer the 41DS over the Jeanneau 409 or if you are interested on a 41 why are you not considering the Oceanis also?

a bigger boat would be faster, more comfortable at sea and more expensive with a lot more interior space. First you should decide if you want and need a 41ft sailboat and then choose among them.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2013

heverstijn is on a distinguished road

I had the same choice/problem.
I choose the Oceanis 37 Limited. It is a beautiful boat especially with the Limited interior. It is a little roomier too and a little cheaper than the SO 379.
I have not taken delivery yet so I cannot comment on the performance of either
boat. It seems to me the blog I read saying that the Oceanis is a little better off
the wind and the SO 379 a little better against the wind, is a fair assessment.