SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Vancouver 27 vs Albin Vega 27

32K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  copacabana 
#1 ·
Just looking to hear how other people feel these boats stack up against each other? I lean towards the Vancouver but like the prices of the Vega. The ones I've looked at so far all seam sea worthy however both the Vancouvers need major interior refits compared to decent interiors in the Vegas I've been to see. I prefer the Vancouvers mainly for the transom hung rudder, and I'm not a huge fan of that massive window on the Vega but I'm willing to over look that because of their reputation.

Basically I want to know of one is an inherintely and substantionally better boat or does it come down to personal preference. They both seem pretty similar overall.

Sidenote: the Vancouvers are both of the single headsail variety no cutter rigs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.